Morayshire at the Barrow Hill Roundhouse.

The first one is way underexposed and overcooked, the rest are better though I still feel the processing could be backed off in number two, and the selctive colour is un-necessary in the others. No.2 for me is the best of them all though, great lighting.

It is a most engaging and enjoyable set. The processing in #1 is a bit controversial, but still makes for a very interesting picture. Great shot of the 'conspirators' in the last pic:)

I wondered if I would come across any pics from the night shoot, I was there during the day, but couldn't afford the night shoot. Do you think it was worth the cost?

As for the pictures, the last one is certainly pick of the set for me, follwed by number 1, though I would like to see a different type of pp on it.

It was certainly an experience michael23, but for the price I was a little disappointed at the number of people there. You could hardly turn around without knocking someone's tripod leg and because of the long exposures you were constantly worrying about moving through open shutters. You were literally queuing up to get a shot. However it was well organised, except for one of the organisers who seemed to think he had the right to wander in front of you if he wanted to get a better angle. I would probably go to another one of their events, they always seem to have something going on and not just railway themes, but I would be better prepared the next time.

An interesting selection of images, I do like the lighting on the 2nd one. Also I the 4th one is very appealing.

It was certainly an experience michael23, but for the price I was a little disappointed at the number of people there. You could hardly turn around without knocking someone's tripod leg and because of the long exposures you were constantly worrying about moving through open shutters. You were literally queuing up to get a shot. However it was well organised, except for one of the organisers who seemed to think he had the right to wander in front of you if he wanted to get a better angle. I would probably go to another one of their events, they always seem to have something going on and not just railway themes, but I would be better prepared the next time.

Thanks Mick, I would have probably got a bit annoyed if it was like that, but at least it was well organised. One day I will have some spare cash to do one of these. I assume there were so many due to the "rarity" of morayshire.

Back