More British GT (moist)

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Another British GT thread, another accredited event for me so naturally, it rained (Me with a bib = 100% chance of rain)

C&C most welcome :)

1. Another sunny day at Silverstone
British GT Championship 2016 - Silverstone 500 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Mclaren and Ecurie Ecosse enjoyed the fine weather, just missing out on a podium
Alasdair MCCAIG / Rob BELL by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. Grid personnel needed hefty amounts of sun protection
Jon MINSHAW / Phil KEEN by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Beechdean nearly sold out of ice creams
Jack BARTHOLOMEW / Jordan ALBERT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Boaty McGinetta face
Ian STINTON / Mike SIMPSON by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Blury McFerrari Face
Marco ATTARD / Adam CARROLL - FF Corse by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Saturday's weather was horrible
Marcus HOGGARTH / Abbie EATON by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8.I've run out of sarcasm.. it's a Ferrari - it came third, they liked it
Marco ATTARD / Adam CARROLL by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

You really made the best of adverse conditions
very well done J.

Well chosen photos if you are anything like me with 1000's after a day at a track.

The first sets the scene with the conditions the third lifts things up. All cracking and a very enjoyable set. Almost makes me think I should go when it is raining (almost).

I'm so jealous of you! :love:
These look amazing and to be fair I prefer alot of rain shots more, kinda adds to the drama/atmosphere.
Good stuff! :D

I'm so jealous of you! :love:
These look amazing and to be fair I prefer alot of rain shots more, kinda adds to the drama/atmosphere.
Good stuff! :D

Haha thanks very much, although i'm sure you wouldn't have said that if you'd seen me 'floundering' about in the meters of rain :confused:

#1 is sweet.

CHeers mate!

Haha thanks very much, although i'm sure you wouldn't have said that if you'd seen me 'floundering' about in the meters of rain :confused:

Haha...now that could be an interesting shot.....for us! :D

#4 and #6 stand out for me! Love the lonely pit lane shot.

Great set as always, love number 1 and 4. Also, nice if you could be crowd side for the MotoGP race later in the year, my lens is not that waterproof;)

Haha...now that could be an interesting shot.....for us! :D
GGGGrrrreeeeeaaatttt :confused:

#4 and #6 stand out for me! Love the lonely pit lane shot.
Thanks very much :)

How it should be done Jonathan, normally classy stuff won't even try to pick a favourite.
Haha I dunno about that mate, doing my best - a long way to go :)

Great set as always, love number 1 and 4. Also, nice if you could be crowd side for the MotoGP race later in the year, my lens is not that waterproof;)
Cheers pal, I think you're going to be safe for the MotoGP (well there's no chance of me having a bib anyway - but that doesn't stop it being England) :D Watch out if you're going to the Classic though ;)

#1 and #4 really do it for me. They set such a scene
Thanks Phil, appreciate it

Love your photos !
Cheers :D

Well chosen photos if you are anything like me with 1000's after a day at a track.

The first sets the scene with the conditions the third lifts things up. All cracking and a very enjoyable set. Almost makes me think I should go when it is raining (almost).

Yea I was a bit special in that I filled a 32gb card in the first practice session (1,200 photos) - not recommended, in fact, it's obscene :( I was much more selective afterwards and attempted to introduce some more variety... I guess I try and get all the spray and pray out of the way at the beginning along with the nerves and then get back to the task at hand a little more chilled out. Glad you like them, the rain does indeed spice things up but it can be difficult to shoot through - i.e the Ginetta shot looks quite noisy, but its actually a filter of rain :-\ as with most photography I guess, there's a window of opportunity, in this case between where it stops raining but is still soaking and brightening up where everything gets horribly contrasty due to reflections.

Last edited:
Great stuff Jonny, looks like you're enjoy this trackside lark. Conditions look a bit grim but the wet photos have a great atmosphere to them Also like the viewpoint in #8, keep up the good work (y)

Great stuff Jonny, looks like you're enjoy this trackside lark. Conditions look a bit grim but the wet photos have a great atmosphere to them Also like the viewpoint in #8, keep up the good work (y)

Thanks Neil, I'm still trying to deal with the stress (or maybe that should be responsibility), most of it's self inflicted as the folks I shoot for are great at giving an open brief with a focus on quality over quantity... I guess I just need to get a few more under my belt to properly start shooting naturally again. Lol the weather was terrible, thankfully I was able to run the car around the service roads to hide in between sessions, but that had the down side of steaming up every time, so all passers by could see was what looked like a fiesta parked in the middle of nowhere trying to re-enact the dodgy scene from Titanic :confused:

Last edited:
All great shots for me

Love 2 in particular, closely followed by 6 if just a little bit more of it was in focus!

Last edited:
Great series. Particularly like the first.

Back