More DTM Brands Hatch

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

A few of my efforts from DTM at Brands Hatch.
Like most i was disappointed at the new fencing brought in because of this series specifically however i do think Brands still offers some good photographic opportunities and the DTM cars are impressive. As mentioned on the other DTM thread the noise of the cars is incredible.
As usual any feedback appreciated.

The standard locations first
#1 Timo Glock, exit of Surtees
Timo Glock #16 BMW M4 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#2 Paul Di Resta (ft. a few sparks), Stirlings
Paul Di Resta #3 Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#3 Bruno Spengler, Druids
Bruno Spengler #7 BMW M4 DTM & Rene Rast #33 Audi RS 5 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#4 Edoardo Mortara, through the gravel at Paddock Hill
Edoardo Mortara #48 Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#5 First lap of race 1 (annoyed about the advertising board and top of fence but about the best position i could get)
Race 1 Start Philipp Eng #25 & Augusto Farfus #15 BMW M4 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

And some panning
#6 Marco Wittmann, bottom of Paddock Hill
Marco Wittmann #11 BMW M4 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#7 Joel Eriksson, exit of Druids
Joel Eriksson #47 BMW M4 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

#8 Daniel Juncadella, Pilgrims Drop
Daniel Juncadella #23 Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM by Ben Huish, on Flickr

They do look like ‘real’ racing cars!
Super images.

Was number two shot through the that tiny window?
Love number 7 but all good shots.
Yes I think it was hence the strange affect at the bottom of the image which sticks out more
now than it did when I was processing the images.

2 and 4 for me. I notice on your panning shots the cars are all forward of centre, is that intentional?
Good question... my intention in #6 was for the car to be centred, looking at it now I don’t think I done a very good job, although the rear spoiler comes out a fair way from the back of the car and it makes the car seem less centred than it is. #7 is intentional, I think it adds to the sense of speed. #8, I believe the car was already over to the right of the original image and I didn’t want to crop any tighter than it already is.

Good question... my intention in #6 was for the car to be centred, looking at it now I don’t think I done a very good job, although the rear spoiler comes out a fair way from the back of the car and it makes the car seem less centred than it is. #7 is intentional, I think it adds to the sense of speed. #8, I believe the car was already over to the right of the original image and I didn’t want to crop any tighter than it already is.

Ah, ok. Definitely works for #7 and the other two are ok just wondered what the thinking was. I think #6 might be better if the shadow wasn't cropped and there was a little more space at the front to balance it (IMO)

Nice varied set and well processed. #4 is a great capture to keep the car sharp while its bouncing through the gravel

Back