More for pride than my photography

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
My completely nuts sister shaved her head to raise nearly £800 for Macmillan cancer support in memory of my mum who we lost to cancer 8 years ago.
IMG_6417 by Phil Vaughan, on Flickr
I just had the job of recording the event for posterity.

For the techies, Canon 6d 85mm
Godox AD360 in an 80cm Godox softbox camera right - almost SOOC just a bit of background cloning

Last edited:
Just looked at the sequence in flickr, great job mate. As Michael says, you next? :)

Edit: Will donate to Macmillian later today, they're a great organisation and helped my mother in law when she had breast cancer, fortunately she's all clear now.

Last edited:
Fantastic job Phil for a great cause, so will you be getting your head shaved next?
Not a chance.
My Mrs likes hairy blokes.
Macmillan are my charity of choice though, so I will do other stuff for them in the future.

Just looked at the sequence in flickr, great job mate. As Michael says, you next? :)

Edit: Will donate to Macmillian later today, they're a great organisation and helped my mother in law when she had breast cancer, fortunately she's all clear now.
Thanks Steve.
I wasn't looking forward to the event, but it was a tad emotional and really glad I did it.

Great stuff Phil. £800 is a great achievement. Well done to your sis.

I lost my mum to cancer too (2 yrs ago) and it hurts like hell. We had a Macmillan nurse for my mum's last couple of days, she was absolutely fantastic.

Your turn next ;)

Cancer is the b*****d of all diseases. Held my fathers hand as he passed away from it a few years ago. Heartbreaking to see a fit man completely destroyed.

Great achievement by your sister and she now has a haircut identical to mine.

Great stuff Phil. £800 is a great achievement. Well done to your sis.

I lost my mum to cancer too (2 yrs ago) and it hurts like hell. We had a Macmillan nurse for my mum's last couple of days, she was absolutely fantastic.

Your turn next ;)

Cancer is the b*****d of all diseases. Held my fathers hand as he passed away from it a few years ago. Heartbreaking to see a fit man completely destroyed.

Great achievement by your sister and she now has a haircut identical to mine.
Sad that so many of us have similar awful memories from Cancer. Mum's Macmillan nurse was truly brilliant, and to think we can contribute in some way to other people getting that help is brilliant.

My sister is so full of love and we're so proud of her.

I think that we've all been touched by cancer, Phil. Anything people do to document or raise funds for that great work that people do to help those suffering is fantastic. Good on you and your sister.

My completely nuts sister…

You got that right! I can see the defiant nutty look in those eyes and face… very cool!

My completely nuts sister shaved her head to raise nearly £800 for Macmillan cancer support in memory of my mum who we lost to cancer 8 years ago.
IMG_6417 by Phil Vaughan, on Flickr
I just had the job of recording the event for posterity.

For the techies, Canon 6d 85mm
Godox AD360 in an 80cm Godox softbox camera right - almost SOOC just a bit of background cloning

Well done to her. A really good cause.

Back