More from the Scottish Highlands...

Very nice set, I particularly like 3 & 5 - those skies are amazing which you have caught perfectly.

Crit wise one is too cold in colour cast. Look at the stone wall, it’s just too blue. Try using split toning in LR to warm the shadows up or a local adjustment to warm the shadows.

As a composition the castle is best enjoyed side on reflected in the calm waters

Love the clouds in No5 (y)

I like 1 as a fairly unusual take on the castle (for me anyway), but particularly like 5, think i would like 3 more with a bit of the bottom cropped but 5 would still win

Very nice set, I particularly like 3 & 5 - those skies are amazing which you have caught perfectly.

Love the 4th shot.

The stag shots good but it’s the 4th that holds my interest. Love the red hues and that lovely clear blue sky.

Love that atmosphere and Drama in no 3!

Love pic 5, the sky is amazing.

Love the clouds in No5 (y)

I like 1 as a fairly unusual take on the castle (for me anyway), but particularly like 5, think i would like 3 more with a bit of the bottom cropped but 5 would still win

Thanks guys, the sky in 3 and 5 was insane, and there are more on my flickr. I genuinely have not overporcessed these, it felt like the sky was caving in above me.

Crit wise one is too cold in colour cast. Look at the stone wall, it’s just too blue. Try using split toning in LR to warm the shadows up or a local adjustment to warm the shadows.

As a composition the castle is best enjoyed side on reflected in the calm waters

Very fair critique, spot on, and thanks for mentioning it. I had already since reprocessed the TIFF to reduce the blue, especially in the bridge to the castle but hadn't bothered updating the JPEG on flickr.

Some crazy skies there, only in Scotland. ;)

The first image is my pic, a very strong composition. It is blue but I think it adds to the scene as it gives me the shivers looking at it and I also think in that light, it's what you'd get.

I like the stag, the background is a bit busy but again, it's one of those situations of taking what you get. I like my backgrounds for wildlife mushed 99% of the time, so that is a very subjective comment on my part.

Very nice set Craig
The sky in 3 & 5 is amazing great shots

Back