NSFW More Gun dog images ( some mildly graphic )

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Saturday was rain day, non stop along with strong Norfolk wind. 30 mins before end of the day we get extreme sunshine lol, lost a lot of time due to the weather and needed windscreen wipers on the lens....

All being well going back out again Thursday and Friday, didnt think i would enjoy covering these as much as I do...

db4 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

db5 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

db8 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

db6 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

db1 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

db3 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

db2 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

#4 For me as well - very nice capture & nice mono conversions - Silver Efex Pro?

Thanks.

I was gutted i lost so much of the day but i had to put the camera away in the wagon as was pointless, i was taking then deleting nice shots that were ruined by rain and misting on the lens. 330pm the sky just cleared then it was that low blinding sun lol then by 4pm we where in the wagon going back to the yard.
#4 was my fav, he just popped up and looked at me..

Mono conversions are my own settings-pre-set in Lightroom 4

Number one is a brilliant shot, I am a lover of spaniels, and this shows so much character of the dogs :)

If I owned them this would be printed huge for my wall.

Love #1 absolute cracker.

Another great set, for me #1 is my pick of the bunch.

GREAT images, love my shooting, don't get out much but still pop a few clays with my Benelli, most of what I get up to now is with the rifle I.e target etc, few of us are into military ww1 and ww2 etc not the same but keeps your eye in :)

thanks again

was funny watching the lab jumping in the river. he kept going from side to side and jumping back in, then i got home and saw his face lol got several shots of him jumping...

Great set of shots Suggs and No 1 is my favourite too, but they are all crackers, I've been asked to photograph a friends dogs (terriers) out hunting etc this week if weather is good, any tips you might have would be appreciated.

thanks
a fast shutter speed is needed as they can dart around pretty quick and you want to freeze the action, also watch your depth of field as can end up with nice sharp eyes then a nose out of focus, so dont be afraid of using a high ISO if its a dark day. Also get down low as you can with the camera, at there eye level if possible.

Excellent set of images, especially the first one, great to see alert Spaniels ready for the off.

1 & 4 are the pick of the bunch, great shots. :clap: I would like to see 1 in colour too.

Love the atmosphere in the mono shots. Esp #1. #8 brilliant - wonder what he's thinking?

What an absolutely fantastic set of images! Really enjoyed looking through them and I would love to be able to shoot such things, but alas it seems very hard indeed to be allowed any form of access to do so! Would be fantastic to make up an RPS panel out of images such as this!

I especially love images 1, 4, 6 and 8!!

Really nicely done indeed!

Thanks, funny i have been thinking about submitting a panel as a photobook with these images or others i have for a craftman level with the Guild as im a qualified member there, i guess some people can be offended but this type of thing but im very tempted. Have just had a photobook delivered for a recent commision featuring these images and it is quite impressive. shame i have to give it to the client :)

Thanks, funny i have been thinking about submitting a panel as a photobook with these images or others i have for a craftman level with the Guild as im a qualified member there, i guess some people can be offended but this type of thing but im very tempted. Have just had a photobook delivered for a recent commision featuring these images and it is quite impressive. shame i have to give it to the client :)

Great stuff, yeah making a photo book would also be ideal! Suggs can I ask do you have any tips about how to even begin trying to get access to shoot such things? Specifically, not sure if it would help when perhaps explaining to said people that you would like to do it in order to use the images for RPS or as you mentioned the Guild. I am absolutely sure people would be very cautious about letting people join then and indeed take images or activities incase they maybe portrayed in a bad light or something. No worries if you can't/dont want to say, just thought I would ask.

For me it was really quite easy as there is a lot of shoots in and around the village where i live, and i just asked a local farmer who i see all the time if i could come with on his next shoot. He was a bit unsure i think but agreed as he new me and already new im a photographer, he was happy i came in the end and bought 68 prints lol and im now invited to all his shoots. I also met other people on the shoot including a game keeper and from there i got invited to another shoot and it just rollls on from there really once they trust you. Other than that i would have no idea how to get involved as its often kept on a very low profile as many shoots are worried about trouble from people that are against hunting, and dont like there photos being taken.

Some great images there, no 8 made me smile though the look on that labs face

Back