More Lego

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
1.. Been Shopping with the Diva again, John? Yep.
Been shopping with the Diva again John? Yep. by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

2.. Strike a pose
Strike a pose Dave! by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Once there is a bit of sun I'll be trying some shots outdoors, hopefully something a little more imaginative. Flares produced by PS lens-flare filter and placed as near as I could where the flash would be on the toy camera though its a tiny little plugin with the smallest thumbnail preview screen thats almost useless.

I like your creativity Carl! It definitely shows in all your photos!

I love them too. My lego shots never seem to have any life to them - they always look like a load of lego figures just sat there.

If I can make one suggestion, decrease the opacity of the lens flares. They look a bit too photoshopped.

I like your creativity Carl! It definitely shows in all your photos!
Thanks!

I love them too. My lego shots never seem to have any life to them - they always look like a load of lego figures just sat there.

If I can make one suggestion, decrease the opacity of the lens flares. They look a bit too photoshopped.
I know what you mean about getting some life into them. It is more difficult than it looks - Im not that happy with my shots so plan on going outside somewhere where there's no people around (otherwise Im going to look a right idiot playing with lego, lol) - thanks for the suggestion, I'll no doubt be using the camera again on the lego pieces so will bear that in mind to make it look not so fake (y)

Very good, liking the posing shot :)

Have a sense of "real life" to them, which really adds to them

… yep, that kid again! (y)

Could you tell your little togger to pull his armoured trousers up?
Phasma will have him on a charge if his belly's hanging out on parade. Finger wag 1.gif

Could you tell your little togger to pull his armoured trousers up?
Phasma will have him on a charge if his belly's hanging out on parade. View attachment 72240

Ha ha that's the first thing I spotted too.

Great couple of shots though. I've tried Lego shots myself and also struggle to make them look more than just lego. And have been that lunatic setting them up in public. Just put a high vis jacket on and people will think its something official.

I've tried Lego shots myself and also struggle to make them look more than just lego.
Judicious use of Blu-Tac on the back of the foot furthest from the camera allows them to be posed on non-Lego surfaces in positions that look active, but aren't balanced.
If any of it shows in the final shot, you can clone it out.
Alternatively, you can use props like that red case to balance a striding figure.

Back