Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's some more with the new 645z.

First light

_IMG0207 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Second light

_IMG0220 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Why nothing inbetween - well - wind. That tree was moving around a lot so had to time my shots carefully then keep the best ones where the branches didn't have any moving. At 50mp and at 100% view this takes a little time. I like to take a burst of 3 when the wind is calm so I can see if the branches have moved at all between the sequences at 100% view. If they all superimpose - then you know you've nailed it.

On the way back I made a stop at Lochan na Stainge - it seemed calmer there but the cloud was low hiding the peak of Meall a' Bhuiridh

_IMG0227 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

That little spec of white is the snow capped peak beginning to emerge as the cloud burns off.

I took a few with idea's for different crops. Here's a 2:1

_IMG0231 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

And here is a square

_IMG0237 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

After this nice light - you guessed it - more of the mountain appeared and but more wind appeared. It was time to head home.

#2 for me, Steve
Better light.

I'm sure the originals look better but they don't look very sharp to me :thinking:

Trust me - at 100% they are. DXO's sharpening is amazing.

TBH I didn't see your issue with the softness until I posted these images onto another forum I am on and they look crazy soft on that one, but on Flickr fine. Weird...

Last edited:
I thought that as well - I found clicking the link for Flickr they look much better

Incidentally they appear identical (i.e OK) on both for me... and that is perhaps because I go to ridiculous lengths to make sure that my OS and browser do not make ANY attempts at scaling images, which is the root of all display problems.

Incidentally they appear identical (i.e OK) on both for me... and that is perhaps because I go to ridiculous lengths to make sure that my OS and browser do not make ANY attempts at scaling images, which is the root of all display problems.

Are you on a colour managed browser - if you use Firefox it can display in aRGB....

These were exported on aRGB which was a mistake - as I uploaded to IG and all the colours washed out due to crappy un colour managed low grade app.

Are you on a colour managed browser - if you use Firefox it can display in aRGB....

Certainly I am (or else I would see nothing but fake colors), but not the far lefty FF. Pretty much every one of them can do it but it just requires ticking a box or two. It should be on by default.

I even forgot the Instagram even existed for a while... Hate this thing with passion.

Nice set mate, love the old medium formats, had a 645D for a while but become in-practical for my uses, cant fault the IQ on them such a massive step up isn't it.

2nd one and Square one for me personally, Love glencoe cracking location.

P.S dropped you a follow on the old instagram (y)

Nice set mate, love the old medium formats, had a 645D for a while but become in-practical for my uses, cant fault the IQ on them such a massive step up isn't it.

2nd one and Square one for me personally, Love glencoe cracking location.

P.S dropped you a follow on the old instagram (y)
I paid less for the 645z than what you would for a Canon R5 would cost.

Its not a small camera and needs a biggish bag to carry it but it's fine for me, I'm a tripod only shooter. And the IQ, overall handling of the camera are beyond reproach.

I thought my Nikon D810 was good, it was but this is a good bit better

I paid less for the 645z than what you would for a Canon R5 would cost.

Its not a small camera and needs a biggish bag to carry it but it's fine for me, I'm a tripod only shooter. And the IQ, overall handling of the camera are beyond reproach.

I thought my Nikon D810 was good, it was but this is a good bit better

Haven't really looked into the R stuff but I would go 645z same as you did everyday of the week, D810 and D8xx series fantastic run off cameras, cant fault them.

For the landscape as you say its the ideal set up, I only sold mine because it was impractical size to fit in my bag when I took it to work with me with the rest of my kit.

Back