More recent insects

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some more shots with my holiday macro set up which I am getting to like as its much smaller and lighter than my usual set up.
I am using my Olympus OMD E-M5ii Zuiko 60mm f2.8 and Nissin i40 with a bought diffuser :olympus:

This Dragon never landed anywhere that I saw

A Dragon fly by by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I think this is an Emerald damselfly

Damsel fly by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I am not sure what this dragon is

Dragon fly by Alf Branch, on Flickr

You know what they say big nose big tongueo_O
This is a fairly ditinctive hover fly ringhia campestris

ringhia campestris 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

ringhia campestris by Alf Branch, on Flickr

From a couple of months ago with my usual set up

Ichneumonoid wasp ovipositing by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What dod you think?

Another nice set Alf. Am impressed with no. 1. I struggle to even get flying dragons in the frame, never mind in focus!

Thanks for the comments guys.
The first shot happened because this was hunting around a pond and kept coming to this spot. It flew straight at me a few times it's not easy shooting flying insects on a 60mm lens. This is the only one that came out.

Very nice set there Alf, The colours on that Emerald are really popping out and imo is the pick for me.

Cracking pov for shot 1 Alf, and an all round stunning set :)

Very nice set there Alf, The colours on that Emerald are really popping out and imo is the pick for me.

Thanks Graham I was really pleased with the shot of the Emerald

Cracking pov for shot 1 Alf, and an all round stunning set :)

Thanks Ian

A lovely set Alf

Thanks Kevin

All good. But love #1 could almost be helicopter sized.

Thanks Mike it was like a helicoptor when it passed it was prestty close when I got that.

Wow quality images Alf. That first shot blew my socks off. How do you get a shot like that?

Dave

Wow quality images Alf. That first shot blew my socks off. How do you get a shot like that?

Dave
Thanks Dave.
That first shot was just something born of desperation when it would not land.

Very good, I like the ichumenon wasp best of all, have you ever tried a telephoto lens for dragonflies? I have tried my tamron 150-600 mm but without much success so far. Looking on flickr, no one else has either.

Last edited:
Very good, I like the ichumenon wasp best of all, have you ever tried a telephoto lens for dragonflies? I have tried my tamron 150-600 mm but without much success so far. Looking on flickr, no one else has either.

Thanks David

Back