More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

What an interesting character.
The Cig hanging out is a nice touch too.
Yeah, the ciggy works well and is in keeping :)
Bobba Slash is spot on lol :)
(y)
Great character, and I rather like the Dutch angle adding real energy to the shot.
To be fair, I had to shoot at an angle to get everything in, but I thought it worked quite nicely in the frame
Well that’s interesting didn’t notice the frame at first and now I have I don’t like it :LOL:
nothing wrong with the photo as such but not sure about him :muted: :muted:
you must be missing it though :sulk:
I spent ages on that frame ;) It was pretty busy there at the time, so composition isn't great, with a bit too much in the background.
I guess you have to be into both GnR & Starwars to get the reference.
Yes, the last con was about 7 weeks ago. The Christmas break is longer, but at least you know when it's going to re-start. At the moment everything is in limbo :( I suspect once we get out of the strict lockdown, into the "new normal", it'll be small impromptu meets and the odd photoshoot for quite a while (but would love to be proved wrong).

A GnR/Star Wars mash up at London Film & Comic Con.

Have to admit to looking up GnR... I thought it was Great North Run :LOL::LOL:
Amazing character.. must be so much fun to shoot these guys.

Have to admit to looking up GnR... I thought it was Great North Run :LOL::LOL:
Amazing character.. must be so much fun to shoot these guys.
You evidently weren't a headbanger when you were growing up then ;)
Yes, they are absolutely great fun to shoot with and a very friendly bunch. You soon get to know the regulars (actually that's harder than it sounds because they can look completely different from one day to the next).
There are still 3 scheduled in your area this year (though, who really knows). If you want I can PM you with details.

Certainly an interesting character there I like the colours and cigarette adds a little more the the feel. The only thing I'm not keen on it the lights but there's not a lot you could do about that.

I confess I also looked up GnR even though I recognised Slash :rolleyes: I didn't spot the ciggie at first, but fits a typical Slash pose.

This would also satisfy the colourful brief, a colourful character looking colourful.

2 interesting shots Tim, I do like your Luke sky walker meerkat, but the space age slash is excellent.
Cheers Clive, he was good fun to shoot with :)
Certainly an interesting character there I like the colours and cigarette adds a little more the the feel. The only thing I'm not keen on it the lights but there's not a lot you could do about that.
Oddly I could do something about the light. I'd added two different colour light sources in post to try to bring out the greens and reds.
Lovely pic Tim - lots to look and I like the inventiveness of the outfits.
It is quite a mash-up isn't it :)
MT1 & Music, both well taken and original shots. Love them.
Cheers Bob. You may have noticed by now, I like to be different (or is that obtuse).
I confess I also looked up GnR even though I recognised Slash :rolleyes: I didn't spot the ciggie at first, but fits a typical Slash pose.

This would also satisfy the colourful brief, a colourful character looking colourful.
Blimey, I've always used GnR as an abbreviation for the band.

Nicely done - the reflection makes it :)

Nice and colourful and the reflection does indeed make it,
I’m sure Dave will be along soon to point out the highlights
is this just a selection of your make up?

Nicely done - the reflection makes it :)
Nice and colourful and the reflection does indeed make it,
I’m sure Dave will be along soon to point out the highlights
is this just a selection of your make up?
Cheers Dave & Allan, yes, I don't think it would have worked as well without the reflections (though the original thought was to do the shot on something non reflective).
Yes Allan, I'm sure he will ;) Hence mentioning that they were deliberate :)
And yes, that is only a selection of my make up.

Music
I like the millennium falcon guitar and the frame is quite funky.

Colourful
A good selection of colours there and a nice diffused reflection.

Very colouful Tim. Normally I would have just assumed that it would belong to the O/H.
But knowing you, I wouldn't be surprised if "yours" rivals "Hers"
:D

Music
I like the millennium falcon guitar and the frame is quite funky.

Colourful
A good selection of colours there and a nice diffused reflection.
Yes, the guitar made from the Millenium Falcon and a Light Saber is inspired isn't it :)
Really nice reflections on the table. And very colourful!
That is really colourful and your reflections are amazingly colourful too!
Lovely reflections, and nice collection of colours!
Thanks Joan, Bebop, Shugpug - I do like the reflections too. I think it was better to go with this than to will them with material.
Very colouful Tim. Normally I would have just assumed that it would belong to the O/H.
But knowing you, I wouldn't be surprised if "yours" rivals "Hers"
:D
You know it :) - Actually, I have far more than @minx does.

Hi Tim

Nice set of colours, reflections well handled, What LED light are you using and would you recommend it. Looking to setup a mini studio in the garage for staged shots.

Pete

What LED light are you using and would you recommend it. Looking to setup a mini studio in the garage for staged shots.
It's just a cheapo Yongnuo (YN300). it's 'okay', but I suspect there are far better on the market these days. It only has 3200 & 5600K. And I think you can get full spectrum LEDs these days.
I may have been better served getting a cheap studio flash with modeling light really (but then I'd want one with a battery, so it wouldn't be cheap :/ )

Lovely lighting and reflections that make the most of the colour. Stacking works well across the pic. Is it done automatically in camera or did you have to do the stacking manually?

Lovely lighting and reflections that make the most of the colour. Stacking works well across the pic. Is it done automatically in camera or did you have to do the stacking manually?
The Fuji has focus bracketing, but doesn't produce the stacked image.
The stacking was done in Affinity Photo (90 day trial at the moment, and available for 1/2 price).
Affinity seems to work far better than Photoshop - I tried both fir my "Time" shot a month or so ago.
Photoshop: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...or-2020-week-19-colourful.705532/post-8672917
Affinity: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...or-2020-week-19-colourful.705532/post-8673681

The Fuji has focus bracketing, but doesn't produce the stacked image.
The stacking was done in Affinity Photo (90 day trial at the moment, and available for 1/2 price).
Affinity seems to work far better than Photoshop - I tried both fir my "Time" shot a month or so ago.
Photoshop: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...or-2020-week-19-colourful.705532/post-8672917
Affinity: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...or-2020-week-19-colourful.705532/post-8673681
Thanks for the info Tim. Much appreciated.

Colourful - Very nicely set up and captured I love the reflection. i like the red boarder it makes the image stand out even more.

Hi Tim,

Good shot for colourful. I like the reflections as it really makes it. That lighting is good too. Just the right amount.
Colourful - Very nicely set up and captured I love the reflection. i like the red boarder it makes the image stand out even more.
Cheers Lee & Mark. Yes, I do agree the reflections really do help it work. And yes Mark, The border does seem to add to it (colour picked from the eye shadow).

Very nice Tim, I remember when the steam trains were in service, The line used to run from Bletchley to Oxford and pass at the end of our playing fields.

We'd usually run to the fence to wave at the driver and invariably they'd wave back.
That fell to the Beeching axe ( '65 iirc)
For years there has been talk about reopening the service, and its seems its now well under way.
But I guess the trains will be slightly more modern this time :D

Old in more ways than one then, classic train shot and a good black and white conversion

Can't fault a chuffer - nice one :D

Very nice Tim, I remember when the steam trains were in service, The line used to run from Bletchley to Oxford and pass at the end of our playing fields.

We'd usually run to the fence to wave at the driver and invariably they'd wave back.
That fell to the Beeching axe ( '65 iirc)
For years there has been talk about reopening the service, and its seems its now well under way.
But I guess the trains will be slightly more modern this time :D
Just hope you don't get Pacers ;)
Actually, looking at this briefing
https://www.networkrailmediacentre....tween-oxford-and-bletchley-given-the-go-ahead
Seeing that Tim Shoveller is involved, I wonder if he would get steam involved to open it (Tim is (or at least was) a volunteer on the MHR).
That`s a belter of a shot Tim, can`t fault it at all.
Thanks Dave - surely you can fault it though... It was with one of my old canons ;)
Old in more ways than one then, classic train shot and a good black and white conversion
Indeed Allan. I didn't feel too bad using an archive shot for 'old' given it was a good fit and that it's impossible to get a current one of these currently.
Can't fault a chuffer - nice one :D
Cheers Dave.
Pretty much perfect Tim lovely black and white conversion
Cheers Mark. It is a less common shot, given that it's lineside (yes - I was supposed to be there :) )

Reactions: LC2
Lovely black and white rendition that fits the theme. You've positioned yourself perfectly to capture all the elements for a lovely composition. I like his head popping out too!

Back