More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

Good fun image for broken Tim :)

Week 11 - Transport

This is the best you're going to get from me this week.
<grumpy>Dropped 5D3 & 24-70 f/2.8 on floor in the dark at the car park at 5am</grumpy>
So used the backup 80D... It was overcast and high ISO so grainy...

Anyway.
Southern Railway S15 - 30506 at the head of a rake of 6 Bulleid carriages

SR S15 - 30506 + 6 Bulleid Carriages
by Tim White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I hope its not too serious?
Both boxed up and being sent to Elstree.
Lens won't zoom out (and lock doesn't function).
Camera A/F seems off (tested with a different lens).

it would be much cheaper to just get a 55-230 for the Fuji from E-Finity, but I guess I just need to stump up and get them back to as good as new.

Both boxed up and being sent to Elstree.
Lens won't zoom out (and lock doesn't function).
Camera A/F seems off (tested with a different lens).
BUGGER :(

but I guess I just need to stump up and get them back to as good as new.
I certainly would too, ( no matter how much it hurts :( )

Super shot for transport Tim, loving the angle of view :)

Great composition, great processing great PoV! Nothing to criticise.

Shame about your 5D...

Nice view of the S15 - my geeky train app says I haven't seen that one.

Great composition, great processing great PoV! Nothing to criticise.

Shame about your 5D...
What a bummer and hope your insurance covers the damage.

:clap: A lovely train shot for Transport. Great low angle fo view and the grainy black & white suits the scene well.
Cheers, the angle was good. The grain, well... 80D...
I haven't considered insurance. It's home contents, I'll give them a call in the morning and see I guess.

Nice shot all considered... nothing worse than trying to take decent images in a grumpy mood... hope the kit is only minor problems. My 5DII body started playing up while I was away on a trip and would only work intermittently as I changed lenses and I was a very, very grumpy companion! Turned out it was the 24-105 lens aperture blades/wiring... once put on the camera it messed with the body computer and affected all lenses so all in all a fairly cheap repair to one lens. Phew!
Like the POV and off centre composition. Works nicely in b&w.

Tim, I would have had money on you doing a train! It's a nice photo and the grain doesnt hurt it. Feel your pain with drop, been there myself hope it's fixable and not to costly.

Lovely angle on that Tim and I like the space around it.
Hope the repair isn't painfully expensive.

Hi Tim

Nice shot for Transport, the B&W and grain gives it a old feel to suit the subject, shame about the damage to your camera, hope it gets sorted for you.

Pete

No harm asking. You know the old saying; "If you don't ask, you don't get"
Nice shot all considered... nothing worse than trying to take decent images in a grumpy mood... hope the kit is only minor problems. My 5DII body started playing up while I was away on a trip and would only work intermittently as I changed lenses and I was a very, very grumpy companion! Turned out it was the 24-105 lens aperture blades/wiring... once put on the camera it messed with the body computer and affected all lenses so all in all a fairly cheap repair to one lens. Phew!
Like the POV and off centre composition. Works nicely in b&w.
Tim, I would have had money on you doing a train! It's a nice photo and the grain doesnt hurt it. Feel your pain with drop, been there myself hope it's fixable and not to costly.
Ouch - that hurts. Hope it doesn't hurt the wallet too much. A very nice backup shot!
Lovely angle on that Tim and I like the space around it.
Hope the repair isn't painfully expensive.
Sorry to hear of your problems. FWIW it's a great photo.
Hi Tim

Nice shot for Transport, the B&W and grain gives it a old feel to suit the subject, shame about the damage to your camera, hope it gets sorted for you.

Pete
So yes firstly, the camera is covered on the house insurance (YAY - Who Knew!!!) and it's due to be picked up and taken to Fixation tomorrow (C19 lockdown permitting). Thanks for the suggestions of checking the insurance, I was going to stump up for it myself.

I think it's not too bad in B&W with the grain. It really shouldn't have been that bad, but I'd forgotten that Canons prefer to be ETTR, as the Fuji I usually use prefers to be ETTL. Maybe this is fates way of telling me to get a long lens for the Fuji

Clive, yes... It was always going to be a train shot. Especially as I had a photo charter arranged for the Sunday morning (hence being line side and able to get those angles).

A train, for transport, can imagine you would do something like that ;)
Doesn't look too noisy to me.
sorry too hear about your camera (I thought you'd moved away from Canon?).

A train, for transport, can imagine you would do something like that ;)
Doesn't look too noisy to me.
sorry too hear about your camera (I thought you'd moved away from Canon?).
My people shots are all Fuji, but when I need a long lens, the old Canons come out (I've got a Fringer, but I'm not all that impressed by it, even with L glass).

Nice bit of social documentary there :)

Hunger games is right on theme and 100% topical.

Ah, great choice to put to B&W, the train is sharp as your main focus, and love the angle. I instantly thought steam train too when transport came up as I walk over the line and near the station every day.

So apt for the depict a book theme too

Nice bit of social documentary there :)
Indeed, and I feel the need to do more. I've dug out my TZ8 so I can always have a proper camera on me.
:ROFLMAO: A perfect image for the book. :clap:
Cheers. It made me smile when I decided to go look for a shot like that.
Hunger games is right on theme and 100% topical.
:)
Great shot - and one I sincerely hope we look back on at the end of the project with a wry smile...
I do hope so... Though whether it'll be the end of 2020 or 2021's challenge, who knows...
Ah, great choice to put to B&W, the train is sharp as your main focus, and love the angle. I instantly thought steam train too when transport came up as I walk over the line and near the station every day.

So apt for the depict a book theme too
The transport photo was taken on the last day the railway ran before having to shut down due to Covid-19.

Week 12 - Fence(d)

Shot on the X-T2 with the Lensbaby Sol45 (a lens I know you all love ;) )
Manually focused midway down the fence, with the sun quite high in the sky to provide the shadow of the fence itself.
The shot was taken pretty centrally, with the intention of cropping out the LHS (it's a road) to put the fence onto the third.
Gotta love that Lensbaby blur.

TP 52 for 2020 : Week 12 - Fence(d)
by Tim White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Huger games, it certainly may well be.
I need to dig out the re-curve from the loft ;)
A nice record shot when we all look back at this and laugh ....

Fence ,, now that one makes my eyes go wonky Tim!]

Great idea for Depict a Book, my shop has looked like that the past few days. I'm not a big fan of the blurryness in your Fence shot but thats not to say it's a bad shot at all

Huger games, it certainly may well be.
I need to dig out the re-curve from the loft ;)
A nice record shot when we all look back at this and laugh ....

Fence ,, now that one makes my eyes go wonky Tim!]
Hi Tim for your book, brilliant thinking, for fence, I like it, I am a Lensbaby fan too.
Great idea for Depict a Book, my shop has looked like that the past few days. I'm not a big fan of the blurryness in your Fence shot but thats not to say it's a bad shot at all
Love the effect of that lensbaby!
@Cobra, Out in the wilds of MK, I think your bow might come in handy ;)

@Tilz the lensbaby is marmite, but Clive and shugpug like it :)

@Cobra, Out in the wilds of MK, I think your bow might come in handy ;)
I still have plenty of shot gun cartridges lots of rabbits on roundabouts ..
I'm taking orders tomorrow (y)

:D

Back