More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

Super shots for wild, very nicely taken :)

Loving this, wow, what a costume, and a great background for the shot! Perfect on theme, but how does she eat?? ;)
Megan creates fantastic cosplays. I'm not sure she does eat though !
What an amazing costume - and beautifully shot to show it off! Definitely wild - thanks for sharing this!
Cheers :)
I really like your Coz play images Tim, and this one ( two) is no exception (y)
Ta Chris. You know to expect a few more this year ;)
Nice shots for Wild Tim, the background works well with the outfit which looks really cool
I agree, Megan's cosplay does work really well with the motled grey/brown of the background.
Very eye catching Tim, very wild looking.
:)
Nice wild pix - great costume.
:)
Wild
Good looking portraits, I like the eye contact and the costume of course. It certainly does in with the theme.
Megan certainly knows how to pose, I guess it helps that I've been taking her photos for a couple of years at conventions.
Wild portrait is a cracker, good atmospheric background great colours on the girls costume and the lighting works very well indeed.
It was nice to be able to use one of my backgrounds at this con and to be able to set up lighting.
Wild Both great images Tim great backdrop (shame about the creases ;)) I like the pose in No 2

Are you going to the NEC next month?
The creases have dropped out now, but meh ;)
Yes, I'm at the NEC in March, but there are 2 days at Olympia (LFCC) and one in Weymouth (UKCGF) first :)
Super shots for wild, very nicely taken :)
Cheers :)

Week 8 : Ability

This loco has the ability to draw the crowds, so obviously here is a shot with absolutely no one else around (because the yard was closed, but I have a valid PTS which allows me access, and I checked with the crew on shed to make sure I was okay to go in).

High ISO, it was darker than it looks in the photo and I didn't have my tripod. The old 5D3 still takes a reasonable shot ;)

TP 52 for 2020 - Week 8 : Ability - British Railways A3 60103 - Flying Scotsman
by Tim White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love the blue sky it really makes the Scotsman pop especially with the steam. Great shot, beautifully composed.

Great shot of the Flying Scotsman Tim, colours have come out really well considering the conditions. Can I ask where this is stationed, I know it does the rounds every so often and I would love to see it in the flesh so to speak. We used to sit on a bridge when we were kids when a steam loco passed under, it was a great sensation.

Nice shot of Trigger's Brush :)

Nice Ivat Tank too :)

I see you are back on form Tim ;)
A very nice example of a Train à vapeur (y)

That`s a cool shot and 6400 iso so not bad at all, like the lighting as think it helps shot off these great trains.
The Fuji may have been slightly better, but I wanted the weather sealing of the Canon L stuff, and the 5D doesn't do a bad job.
I love the blue sky it really makes the Scotsman pop especially with the steam. Great shot, beautifully composed.
Yes, the yard lighting helps with the pop too and does a nice job of illuminating the smoke.
Great shot of the Flying Scotsman Tim, colours have come out really well considering the conditions. Can I ask where this is stationed, I know it does the rounds every so often and I would love to see it in the flesh so to speak. We used to sit on a bridge when we were kids when a steam loco passed under, it was a great sensation.
I think she might be a bit far from you, she's at the Watercress Line (Hampshire) until 8/3 (Details here for anyone who may want to go look - https://www.watercressline.co.uk/ ). I've not bothered going down for the running days, but as I was working there last night, it seemed an ideal opportunity to get a quick photo or two.
Nice shot of Trigger's Brush :)

Nice Ivatt Tank too :)
Yeah, I think that the Mickey Mouse is the star of that line up ;) But it's that A3 that draws the crowds.
You've done very well in such condition and hand-held. Love the overhead lighting on the smoke.
I knew what settings I could get away with. I guess a benefit of taking a fair number of photos in that yard.
I see you are back on form Tim ;)
A very nice example of a Train à vapeur (y)
Light steam though. pretty much just a small fire to keep her warm (saves the expansion/contraction wear) and to have some exhaust for the visitors. She's not running again until next weekend.

Nice shot, great train and I love the colour of the sky

Super image for ability, you are right, the 5D3 is still a great camera.

Ability - I really like that Tim lovely detail I like the lighting and star bursts.

Nice shot, great train and I love the colour of the sky
Ability - I really like that Tim lovely detail I like the lighting and star bursts.
Thanks Chaps. I was quite surprised to get starburst given it was f/2.8 in order to make the most of the fading light without a tripod.
Lovely colourful shot, full of detail. I am so flash that bridge is open now. I wish I had seen this one.
Your mention of the bridge makes me think you must be local Clive. The big green machine is still there until 10/3 I believe.

Your mention of the bridge makes me think you must be local Clive. The big green machine is still there until 10/3 I believe.[/QUOTE]

I live on the south coast now but was in Bordon for a few years, now travel that way every couple of weeks with work.

Great Silhouette I like the fact that the hiar is blowing about it adds to the Wintery feel.

Great silhouette, like the hair and it has a wintery feel to it!

Great silhouette Tim, and no shoe horn either :D

Great silhouette - and it looks like a cold breezy winter - you've captured the mood nicely.
Great Silhouette and it looks wintery too...definitely not a self portrait
Great Silhouette I like the fact that the hair is blowing about it adds to the Wintery feel.
Excellent silhouette.. the hair is really well captured.
Great silhouette, like the hair and it has a wintery feel to it!
Boom! Fantastic. Love the hair.
Great silhouette of Sam you took Took, bang on theme plus tech too.
Great silhouette Tim, and no shoe horn either :D
Cheers everyone. It really was a case of waiting / hoping for the right light, and I was pleased to get the light working well. @CliveH Yeah, no way was I going to get hair like that in a selfie ;)

Your mention of the bridge makes me think you must be local Clive. The big green machine is still there until 10/3 I believe.

I live on the south coast now but was in Bordon for a few years, now travel that way every couple of weeks with work.[/QUOTE]
Well, I think this is the last weekend it'll be there.

Winter - great silhouette, I like how her wig makes it look like her hair is being blown by the wind

Reactions: LC2
Winter - great silhouette, I like how her wig makes it look like her hair is being blown by the wind
hehe, I didn't want to spoil everyone thinking I'd caught the hair blowing in the wind when it's actually hairspray.
Good use of the silhouette Tim and it certainly has a wintery look.
Cheers Pete. I wanted that hard winter light look.

Week 7 - Broken

PABD Alert...

It's 4pm on day 2 at London Film and Comic Con.
Energy levels were waning on the Somerset Cosplayers stand, these four had been entertaining / talking to the customers for two days solid and were taking a bit of a break before the tear down.

<Rick Moranis>Honey, we've broken the cosplayers...</Rick Moranis>

TP 52 for 2020 : Week 7 - Broken : Somerset Cosplayers
by Tim White, on Flickr

Great shot and amazing costume for Wild.Very nicely taken but then you have a little bit of experience in this area ;)
The Flying Scotsman attracts crowds wherever it goes. Very nice.
Cracking shot for Winter too Tim. Very creative and executed.

EDIT... Just seen your broken shot. Good fun shot and perfect for the theme :)

Last edited:
Great shot and amazing costume for Wild.Very nicely taken but then you have a little bit of experience in this area ;)
The Flying Scotsman attracts crowds wherever it goes. Very nice.
Cracking shot for Winter too Tim. Very creative and executed.

EDIT... Just seen your broken shot. Good fun shot and perfect for the theme :)
Cheers Lee. it was quite cool to get a shot of 60103 without the hordes.
A perk of being on the night shift there I guess :)
Megan (Wild) does some fantastic cosplays.
Nice to see they are still smiling after 2 days. I like the fact that batgirl? Is still in costume and what a great smile.
They've been known to be still smiling at the end of 3 day events too !!! ;)
Yes, Batgirl was still in her cosplay, as was Natasha Romanova (Black Widow) at the back of the group.

Great PABD image Tim you've caught the feeling of being broken (well more knackered) well.

Back