More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

Hurrah nothing christmassy, nice end to your 52 Tim.

Have a good new year (y)

I like the angle and use of a shallow DoF Tim. A good interpretation of the theme too. I've very much enjoyed your take on the themes throughout the year.

Good take on the theme for decorate, lovely use of DoF and those little pictures are great.

Wow I thought it was a long boat at first, although I couldn't see the water! Nicely captured and as has been said, makes a nice change rom the Christmas themed ones.

That makes a change from the usual sparkly stuff (y)
A refreshing change from the Christmas theme :) Nicely taken.
Hurrah nothing christmassy, nice end to your 52 Tim.

Have a good new year (y)

Well, the back-up shot may have been more Christmassy...
But you guys know me by now. Why go with the obvious when it's possible to be obtuse.

I like the angle and use of a shallow DoF Tim. A good interpretation of the theme too. I've very much enjoyed your take on the themes throughout the year.
Cheers. I do prefer an alternative take on themes (especially when I can shoe-horn cosplay in).
Good take on the theme for decorate, lovely use of DoF and those little pictures are great.
I think there were 6 or so different panels. it would have been nice to have gotten them all, but this was the only one that was in a position where it could be taken nicely. The others would have involved shooting across the road. Not simple, and the outcome wouldn't have been as good (except for recording the images for the future).
Agree it is a nice change to seeing a different one for the theme.
:)
Wow I thought it was a long boat at first, although I couldn't see the water! Nicely captured and as has been said, makes a nice change rom the Christmas themed ones.
Yes, the bridge has been painted in such a way that it does remind you of canal boats. Fitting really as it's over a canal :)

I've just looked through your last couple of pages Tim (although I have scanned through the whole Images Only thread so I think I've seen all of your images) and you've finished with some strong images.

The one for Paper was an unusual take on the theme and nice to see an old paper stand preserved like that. The 'Leaves' image is excellent and you did brilliantly to get such a striking image as I can't imagine you had the chance to practice; Decorate(d) is another different take on the theme and you've used perspective and DOF to good effect to lead the eye through the image, but the absolutely stand-out image is your Showcase. It is beautifully lit and - as you said - what a great expression. Thanks for telling us how you lit it too; like others have said, it's something I would like to try but have little idea where to start!

Looking forward to seeing your images next year.
Thanks for taking the time to look back through Andrea :)

You're spot on with 'Leaves'. A one chance shot. I did a couple of long exposures before the train left, to ensure I wasn't doing anything completely wrong, but it was guesswork as I knew there would be more light once the train moved into the frame properly. Focus was the hardest bit. The 80D isn't that old, but low light focusing has moved on quite a bit in 4 years. Still, it's fun to use the old DSLR rather than the newer Fujis every now and then.

Showcase - Lighting people isn't anywhere near as hard/scary as you'd think, especially if you have time and space to set everything up.
I assume your local club has space/a room somewhere. Maybe canvas the members to see if anyone has experience in portrait or fashion style shoots in the club and get them to do a demo/talk on one of your club nights?

Congratulations on finding a non-festive image and on finishing the 52. Roll on 2021!

Back