More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

Nice set of catch up images
Wet - well spotted sign
Narrow - the boat in motion adds extra interest to the shot
Digital - nice lighting - #2 for me
Free week - good effect from the lensbaby - I wonder about cropping a little from the bottom to remove the light grey thing and the bright lower bit of the kimono.

Lovely colours and focus Tim - nicely executed (which I hope she wasn't - some of these things can be quite brutal! ).

A bit of a catch-up on comments Tim.

Wet. I like this a lot. I come across sighns like this quite a lot and it never occured to me for this theme.
Narrow. A nice tranquil sunny shot.
Digital Age. Two nice pics. I prefer the second as I like the negative space and the lighting.
Snappers:. Nice soft focus effect with the Lens Baby. works well with the colours too.
The wider shot of the phone does seem to be getting slightly more love. It was a close call.
Nice colours in that image, very vibrant. the soft focus works well too.
Ta. It was a fun shoot, though interesting dealing with harsh light.
Nice little catch up Tim, liking the second mobile shot the most. Narrow is a good shot with nice reflections. Soft is cool too.
It was good to catch a boat travelling. Not that much happening on the cut at this time of year - especially in lockdown 2.
I haven't the foggiest idea what you on about this Grandmaster of but I do love that effect of the lens and the warm tone from the gold reflector.
Reflectors are a god send outdoors aren't they :)
Nice set of catch up images
Wet - well spotted sign
Narrow - the boat in motion adds extra interest to the shot
Digital - nice lighting - #2 for me
Free week - good effect from the lensbaby - I wonder about cropping a little from the bottom to remove the light grey thing and the bright lower bit of the kimono.
I think cropping up would bring you too close to the elbow. I know what you mean though.
Love the soft focus effect - lovely portrait.
Cheers :)
Lovely colours and focus Tim - nicely executed (which I hope she wasn't - some of these things can be quite brutal! ).
I don't know the story behind that Manga, but yes they can be quite violent.

Week 47 - Paper

Quite a boring, traditional snapshot really, very much in the PABD vibe.
However, it is of something that (mostly) you don't see anymore. A WH Smith & Sons paper stall. Harking back to the days when they weren't the huge chain of soulless stores you now see.

Christmas Decorations in evidence as the station staff are preparing for the Christmas specials season (hopefully).

TP 52 for 2020 : Week 47 - Paper
by Tim White, on Flickr

I like it except for the Christmas decorations which spoil it, as you say its something from a bygone age.

Very clever [emoji16] Who’d have guessed it was a box file! The lighting and processing work really well.

Edit - I thought this was a catch up - I’ve clicked into a notification on my iPad at 5.20am and it took me to ‘lo-cal’, a mere 600+ posts earlier than current! [emoji23][emoji23] I really must pay more attention!

Last edited:
Reactions: LC2
Back on track.... a good lockdown image that might have been a Sunday shot years ago when everything closed on Sundays.

It does look old. Let’s hope WH Smith’s weathers the storm and is there for many years to come.

I like the look of that old WH Smith and it's something a bit different for the theme too.

WH Smith, now there is a blast from the past, we used to have a very large one in town, when it was the "stationary place" to go to.
Nicely captured Tim (y)

Nicely done Tim - the modern Christmas decorations look a little out of place with everything else period, but it places it nicely in the now that is 2020.

Nice old paper stall looking a bit sad all closed up. Hope Father Christmas doesn't catch Covid.

Choice
Nice light filtering through the trees.
Good use of technique too.

Paper
It looks quite nice with the Xmas decorations.

I like it except for the Christmas decorations which spoil it, as you say its something from a bygone age.
I would have preferred it without the decs too, but that would have involved taking hte shot a few weeks earlier, or in Jan ;)
Back on track.... a good lockdown image that might have been a Sunday shot years ago when everything closed on Sundays.

It does look old. Let’s hope WH Smith’s weathers the storm and is there for many years to come.
Well, that one (and the one on Alton Station) will as they aren't actually Smiths, but a heritage version.
I don't think Smiths do small stalls like this anymore.
I like the look of that old WH Smith and it's something a bit different for the theme too.
Paper without actually being paper :)
WH Smith, now there is a blast from the past, we used to have a very large one in town, when it was the "stationary place" to go to.
Nicely captured Tim (y)
Surely you still have one? Ours doubles as the post office now.
Nicely done Tim - the modern Christmas decorations look a little out of place with everything else period, but it places it nicely in the now that is 2020.
They look quite nice at night though.
Blast from the past on paper, use to love em.
Thanks
Nice old paper stall looking a bit sad all closed up. Hope Father Christmas doesn't catch Covid.
Well, to be fair, the station is closed too during the lockdown.
Choice
Nice light filtering through the trees.
Good use of technique too.

Paper
It looks quite nice with the Xmas decorations.
I had fun doing the cosplay shoot, both with the lensbaby and with native fuji lenses. It was a bright day, so dappled light ruled.
I would have preferred it without the decs, but...

Surely you still have one?
Not locally, its now a fences paradise cash exchange or what ever they are called.
There are a couple in the CMK complex though.

• Sad
Reactions: LC2
It seems we have a pair of watching me watching you images :D

:withstupid: And what a lovely romantic place for a photo shoot
Lovely colourful shot - and I agree with @Allan.H , what a lovely spot for a day out :D
To be fair, it's not actually been a sewage works for about 90 years.
A tiny bit of info here:
and a map here:

Nicely done :)

Clever pair of images! Like it! (And yes this is the same as on @minx's page...)
Nicely done :)
Great idea from both of you - duplicate post :)
Colourful bg, great idea.
Nicely done and very colourful too.
Nice shots of a couple social distancing. :D :D

Pete
Thanks everyone.
I was kinda surprised that we were the first (and I think still only ones) to do a photo of a photo being taken for camera.
It just goes to show how everyone looks at the themes differently

Week 49 - Leaves

Taken just as the Steam Illuminations train Leaves Alresford Station.
This isn't your run of the mill string of lights on a couple of coaches, the display is 13000 individual LEDs, computer and GPS controlled, put together by a concert lighting engineer who has been otherwise 'resting' this year due to Covid.

I'm not sure how long this will be available on iPlayer. Skip ahead to about 20 minutes in for some video footage.

TP 52 for 2020 : Week 49 - Leaves by Tim White, on Flickr

Fab take on the theme :)

There I was thinking it was the wrong kind of leaves on the line...

Great alternate take on the theme, and I'm looking forward to watching the iPlayer link.

Great idea of the theme - another one here thinking leaves on the line.. but then I commuted in London for years - old habits.
Lovely light trials and reflected light you've captured there.

Nice idea for the theme and the best pic I’ve seen of a train for a while

Both nice images Tim, I do like a "night shot" (y)

And a cracking shoe horn to boot (y)

Back