Beginner Morning After the rain.

Last edited:
The first and last look a bit dark to my eye. I tried adjusting them by dragging the tone curve around, as that is what you are concentrating on now.

NOT MY IMAGE - Orangecroc fly - LR6 Tone curve
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

NOT MY IMAGE - Orangecroc hoverfly - LR6 Tone curve

I wonder how #3 would have looked with the centre of focus on the middle of the seed head?
I noticed this when viewing on my phone. I'm getting very frustrated working with my laptop screen. In a couple of weeks I'll be able to get an IPS monitor.

I noticed this when viewing on my phone. I'm getting very frustrated working with my laptop screen. In a couple of weeks I'll be able to get an IPS monitor.

That should help. If you can calibrate it - or get one that is factory calibrated - that would be good.

Have you tried adjusting your laptop to improve it's rendition of the Lagom LCD test images? In particular the Black Level and White Saturation images. (And then possibly the Gamma Calibration image, but not at the price of wrecking the first two.) I would guess that you might have to turn the brightness down and work from there. When I first calibrated my monitors (using a hardware calibrator) they seemed very lacking in brightness to begin with, but that very quickly wore off. And I could see much more detail after the calibration.

That should help. If you can calibrate it - or get one that is factory calibrated - that would be good.

Have you tried adjusting your laptop to improve it's rendition of the Lagom LCD test images? In particular the Black Level and White Saturation images. (And then possibly the Gamma Calibration image, but not at the price of wrecking the first two.) I would guess that you might have to turn the brightness down and work from there. When I first calibrated my monitors (using a hardware calibrator) they seemed very lacking in brightness to begin with, but that very quickly wore off. And I could see much more detail after the calibration.
The adjustment options are very limited on the built in panel. I've dropped the brightness right down to 25% already.

The first and last look a bit dark to my eye. I tried adjusting them by dragging the tone curve around, as that is what you are concentrating on now.

NOT MY IMAGE - Orangecroc fly - LR6 Tone curve

NOT MY IMAGE - Orangecroc hoverfly - LR6 Tone curve

I wonder how #3 would have looked with the centre of focus on the middle of the seed head?

Had another go at the Hoverfly.
Hoverfly (2) 150817 by Ben Gray, on Flickr

Back