Morning Photos

Edit My Images
No
This morning was my first early start for photography this Summer. I went to a lake called Enagh Lough which is a few miles or so down the road from me. As I was travelling, the cloud was breaking up nicely and the sky was showing some promise. When I got to my destination it was still sort of dark and I was pleasantly surprised to see a thin layer of mist on the far side of the lough. The first photo is facing towards the village of Caledon and was a 20 second exposure at f/16. No filters. It seemed I had arrived very early and day break seemed a long time coming but when it came I was greeted to some lovely pink tinted clouds and their reflections on the still surface of the lough. #2 was two exposures blended in PS for sky and land.
I had forgotten how peaceful early morning is especially when the weather is fine.

Untitled by phodru, on Flickr

Untitled by phodru, on Flickr

Steve, thanks.
I was thinking this morning that if I had a long lens I could have zoomed in and compressed the view which would have made the mist more substantial in the frame. Don't have on though.

Reactions: ST4
#2 has a lot more of interest to the eye compositionally with good f/g and nice light.
#1 would benefit from a crop either from the top or both top and bottom (letterbox style) as the land is a bit lost in the image at the moment.

Second image for me too.
The grasses and lillies in the fg add much more interest than offered in the first.

I is my favourite but as already mentioned I would crop the top and the bottom, to bring the reflections closer to the foreground. Would also crop from the left and get rid of the first tree.

Andy

Back