Moss on the roof.

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been trying out shooting things I don't normally notice, and there is so much life in the moss.
w3UT1O.jpg

As always, critique is welcome. Still learning.
I thought about rotating it a little to straighten the tiles, but it didn't look right.

Hi!

So, I am very much still in the still learning camp as you are so feel free to disregard my critique as nonsense..........

However, if you're on a mission to shoot things that you don't normally notice then my initial thought is 'maybe there's a reason that you don't normally notice it?'. Maybe it's not the most interesting subject in the world? In which case it's up to you to make the uninteresting actually interesting, which is no easy task. So my first thought would be 'How can I show this dull subject in a way that actually captures the mind and makes the viewer think?' To do this you need to show people what they're missing out on.

Seeing as you've stated 'there's so much life in moss' then why don't you try and capture that life? Maybe a macro shot showing the movement and variation in life would make a more captivating shot? But before you go climbing roof tops please remember to be safe!!

Hi!

So, I am very much still in the still learning camp as you are so feel free to disregard my critique as nonsense..........

However, if you're on a mission to shoot things that you don't normally notice then my initial thought is 'maybe there's a reason that you don't normally notice it?'. Maybe it's not the most interesting subject in the world? In which case it's up to you to make the uninteresting actually interesting, which is no easy task. So my first thought would be 'How can I show this dull subject in a way that actually captures the mind and makes the viewer think?' To do this you need to show people what they're missing out on.

Seeing as you've stated 'there's so much life in moss' then why don't you try and capture that life? Maybe a macro shot showing the movement and variation in life would make a more captivating shot? But before you go climbing roof tops please remember to be safe!!
I agree, this was one of my earliest shots, still learning the camera. When I said life, I meant all the new shoots growing out of the usually flat green areas. I won't be climbing on any roof any time soon, I am very unsteady at height and tend to freeze up.

Oh no, that's not mine!! Sorry for the confusion, it's just an idea of the type of shot that I'd try and get from a quick google search

I used a small compact camera taped to gutter cleaning poles as they are light and rigid to inspect my roof gutters . Maybe using a remote shutter release camera ???? just thinking aloud

i was standing on the ground for this using just 3 poles. i screwed in a mini tripod into the camera and then I had the means to fix to the pole by insulating tape

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7vEJrJAj4

Last edited:
I used a small compact camera taped to gutter cleaning poles as they are light and rigid to inspect my roof gutters . Maybe using a remote shutter release camera ???? just thinking aloud

i was standing on the ground for this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7vEJrJAj4
That's a great idea. I think I'll stick to the places I can get to and still see the camera for now. It will give me a little more control over the composition.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it is a great way of looking into other gardens

As if I would even dream of such a thing

Back