Moth up close and personal

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

A moth close up, hairy critter. Note what I guess is a rudimentary eye above the main eye.

Great capture but their ugly critters close up eh! I swallowed a moth once while out night fishing, was having a drag on my cigarette and as I inhaled in went the moth. Choking and spluttering swallowing over with a drink was the only way to clear it...Yeugh! I don't know how fish can eat them, they taste horrible.

Great capture but their ugly critters close up eh! I swallowed a moth once while out night fishing, was having a drag on my cigarette and as I inhaled in went the moth. Choking and spluttering swallowing over with a drink was the only way to clear it...Yeugh! I don't know how fish can eat them, they taste horrible.

Frank....I don't want you to feel bad but...I think that it was my pet moth that you swallowed! He went out one evening and never came back. Please tell me that you think it was a quick end.

Alby...nice one. I'm over in the Netherlands at the moment and have lent my 180 to a guy here who goes out every night with a sheet and a lamp to catalogue the various species found.

Bob

Thats a beauty, I've just had a haircut and know how he feels or looks, great macro.

Great pictures and brilliant detail. My female cat loves catching moths!

Yuck.... that sounds gross :LOL: Thanks for looking :D
Frank....I don't want you to feel bad but...I think that it was my pet moth that you swallowed! He went out one evening and never came back. Please tell me that you think it was a quick end.

Alby...nice one. I'm over in the Netherlands at the moment and have lent my 180 to a guy here who goes out every night with a sheet and a lamp to catalogue the various species found.

Bob
Thanks for looking Bob. I don't go that far although I did have some barkflies sent through to me in the post to photograph for a website :LOL:
Thats a beauty, I've just had a haircut and know how he feels or looks, great macro.
:LOL: thanks for looking Dunedin
Great pictures and brilliant detail. My female cat loves catching moths!

Thanks for looking NS, My dog just eats insects if he catches them :D

Fantastic close-ups as usual (y)
Love the eye shot .... amazing detail!

For such soft fluffy critters ... amazing how they loook like one of those coarse 'boot scraper' things you keep by the front door! :LOL:

These are superb, tell us the EXIF please and flash (if any)(y)

Thanks everyone for looking and all your kind comments.

Flunter: I always leave the exif in the pic but here it is anyway, flash was on board.

[Image]
Make = Panasonic
Model = DMC-FZ8
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Date Time = 2007-10-08 10:39:45
YCbCr Positioning = co-sited
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 436
PrintIM Data = 208 Byte

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/200"
F Number = F8
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2007-10-08 10:08:27
Date Time Digitized = 2007-10-08 10:08:27
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Compressed Bits Per Pixel = 4
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F2.83
Metering Mode = Spot
Light Source = Flash
Flash = Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 28.6mm
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 800
Exif Image Height = 600
Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 936
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
File Source = DSC
Scene Type = A directly photographed image
Custom Rendered = Custom process
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Digital Zoom Ratio =
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 171mm
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Gain Control = None
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = Low saturation
Sharpness = Normal

[Interoperability]
Interoperability Index = ExifR98
Interoperability Version = Version 1.0

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 1062
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 4643

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 160 x 120

Superb shots, the detail is really amazing, can't seem to get anywhere close to that when I try. (y) Always a pleasure to view them, even something like a moth.

Back