Moto-X

Name
Lionel
Edit My Images
No
Had access to a Moto-X practice day today. I was using flash, mainly off camera. Main aim was to highlight the action by underexposing the bg and make the colours pop. I think I kind of managed this to some extent but not as much as I was hoping for. I had two speedlights set up as close to the action as possible. Think I could have done with a couple more really. Wasn't really concerned about panning or blurring the bg too much. Just wanted it darker than the subject.

DSC_9406 by Lionel Mitchell, on Flickr

DSC_9318 by Lionel Mitchell, on Flickr

DSC_9270 by Lionel Mitchell, on Flickr

DSC_9460 by Lionel Mitchell, on Flickr

I think your onto something with those, seen others setup three and even four SLs to do just that, I like the shots, a good effort IMO.

#3 for me, great shot!

Great set but it has to be #3 for the sense of movement / speed. A subject I have yet to tackle, looks fun, tricky and dusty (shudders at the thought)

.DAVID.

Thanks all for the positive feedback. It was a great day out and some nice shots so can't complain. Will have to get some more speedlights or another alternative sorted for next time.

Yes David it certainly was dusty, so a bit of cleaning up after required!

I agree #3 is a killer shot, so many times ive seen MX shot with flashes and then look over exposed but these are actually very good. 2 being the only week one in my opinon as would be better shot landscape

Rather nice, I come from a road racing trackside background where flash is a No No!

3 is by far the best although I quite like 2 too.

Thanks both. :ty:

Harry, 2 is actually a crop of a landscape shot. Must put the un-cropped version up!

Mike, I do a bit of road racing too. Wouldn't dream of using flash at an event, even moto-x. This, however was a practice day and all the participants were aware and more than happy with the use of flash.

Back