MOTOGP BRITISH GP 2015 - SILVERSTONE

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg :):)Had a mess about with photoshop today on a few shots i took on race day MotoGP British GP Silverstone.
They're not perfect,but practice makes perfect!! Your comments & advice are very much welcome

Look OK to me, particularly like t he last shot, the bold colour stands out against the grey tarmac very well.

Hi Mark,

Without wishing to sound overly disparaging, selective colour doesn't do it for me, it's too often used as means of making an average shot more interesting instead of an intentional creative reason... by the looks of things you shot down from the grandstand and had to crop in fairly aggressively which has left your images looking very soft. I'd suggest getting down to the fence for better angles and more separation from the background so you don't need to rely on post production to make the subject stand out (that's not so much a criticism as it is a way of improving next time out). Lots of people like to use the grandstands to get over the fence, but it's not so much of an issue, especially on dull days... can't see the settings/equipment you used so I can't really suggest potential areas for technical improvement there.

Hope that's at least a little helpful :)

Cheers graphix501,

Thanks for your comment & advice, they are always welcome
Yes they were shot from the luffield grandstand & was my first MotoGP event.
I normally take shots from different parts of the track,but i will be taking your advice with me next year.
I work nites so i will edit & put equipment & settings in over the weekend.
Thanks again

Cheers graphix501,

Thanks for your comment & advice, they are always welcome
Yes they were shot from the luffield grandstand & was my first MotoGP event.
I normally take shots from different parts of the track,but i will be taking your advice with me next year.
I work nites so i will edit & put equipment & settings in over the weekend.
Thanks again

No problem :) I'll take a look then and try and offer some relevant advice

Number 2 for me Mark. however im with Jonathan on this... the selective colour shots dont do it for me either - its a little too Ikea - if you know what i mean - In my opinion that is... each to their own on that one

Back