MotoGP Silverstone 1 year on

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

So last year I had my first attempt at shooting at Silverstone for the MotoGP. I posted the results and got some feedback from the good folk here. 1 year on and im back for a 2nd bite of the cherry!

More at www.flickr.com/photos/polarityphotos

C&C welcome
1)
Jorge holds on by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
2)
Pol Espagaro #44 Tech 3 Yamaha by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
3)
Sam Lowes #22 Speed Up Racing by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
4)
Lorenzo leads the way by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
5)
Through the eyes of a champ by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
6)
Marc Marquez #93 Honda Racing by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
7)
Scott Redding #45 Go & Fun Honda Gresini by Polarity Photo, on Flickr
8)
Cal Crutchlow #35 Ducati by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks good to me bgd!

cheers, cw

Thank you Chris
Been following your images on flickr. I think these are some of the best from the event I've seen, crisp, colourful and well framed.. Great stuff, wish I had the skill to deliver images like yours, some of your close ups are properly epic
Wow thank you very much i really appreciate that. Theres always room for improvement, ive seen some amazing stuff from that weekend and it spurs me on to improve ny own stuff.

great set

Thanks Geoff very kind.

Looking back through these i can see no.6 is almost too vibrant, as the reds need dialling down a notch

And 7 could probably benefit from a touch more contrast

Have been looking through your photostream recently becuase a few of your older pictures where with the sigmas 120-300, Is this still the case or have you swapped lenses?

All good but absolutely love 2 3 and 10

Have been looking through your photostream recently becuase a few of your older pictures where with the sigmas 120-300, Is this still the case or have you swapped lenses?

All good but absolutely love 2 3 and 10
Sigma 120-300 is still my main lens that i use for BSB. However the motogp shots here were taken with a 600 f4 (because at silverstone you need the reach)

Love the sigma very flexible lens. You will see that my images vary in style as you scroll through my flickr, that because im still developing my skills and technique and im usually trying something new out! If you have any questions about the sigma give me a shout outside of this thread and il do my best :)

Really good set, love number 5, Rossi, very clever and great caption.

Paul.

cracking set mate

Very good indeedy actually!

#6 is my pick - just because that's MM doing his "big handful of kerbs" thing - which is iconic of his style.

Really good set, love number 5, Rossi, very clever and great caption.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, ive printed that one A4 and im quite chuffed with the results

cracking set mate
thank you teddy

:agree: Crackin' set.
Cheers Maverick very kind

Very good indeedy actually!

#6 is my pick - just because that's MM doing his "big handful of kerbs" thing - which is iconic of his style.

Thanks Andy, im pleased with the results however looking back i think i could have attempted some slower shutter stuff, just ti bring some movement in. Not exactly the easiest place to be experimenting though!

I found myself battling with harsh relfections on fences which severely degraded the quality of the shots. I found a faster shutter helped ever so slightly, espeically for the race shots.

Il have a further think and see what i can bring to BSB next time im out shooting.

Quality set mate 600F4 that's got to be a beast to lug around all day its 9+10 for me 10 being super sharp

Thanks Gary. To be honest I didnt struggle with the 600. Keep in mind that I have the lens, monopod, TCs, a push bike and a ladder strapped to me and then it starts to add up :) . To be fair though you get out what you put in, and Silverstone for me is always major graft!

CHeers Graham very kind.

I went through a few more images today and found some nice ones that I hadnt noticed before (the ones ive posted above were marked in camera so easy to fish out!)

I wont post loads up but here is a couple more (I will keep adding to me flickr so please do add me, would be great to get more TP contacts)

11) our good man Sam

Sam Lowes #22 Speed Up Racing 2 by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

12) A different sort of shot from me.
VR46 by Polarity Photo, on Flickr

I'm all about number twelve... Oh yeah!

Back