MotoGP Valencia 2015

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

Just joined this evening and thought I'd share some of my shots from the last round of the MotoGP last year, gutted Rossi had to start at the back but such is life! Pics didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, largely due to be so far back from the actual track but I gave it my best shot, especially as I only had the one vantage point on the track to work from!

IMG_0827 by peejay1977, on Flickr

IMG_0829 by peejay1977, on Flickr

Untitled by peejay1977, on Flickr

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum,I'm new around here too but it seems a friendly place so far ;-)

Great set of images, I like 1 and 4 particularly. What lens were you using?

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum,I'm new around here too but it seems a friendly place so far ;-)

Great set of images, I like 1 and 4 particularly. What lens were you using?

Hi there and thanks Shanks!

Using a Canon 70-300 IS USM for all except the last shot which I borrowed a friends Sigma 150-500 for :)

Lovely shots of Vale and Cal Paul, welcome to the forum

Lovely shots of Vale and Cal Paul, welcome to the forum

Thanks mate! I just had the Rossi one printed on canvas and put on the wall in the back room, my other half isn't too happy though!

It's my next purchase to try and sharpen things up a bit. Your's look plenty sharp though handheld, must have great technique! :)

It's my next purchase to try and sharpen things up a bit. Your's look plenty sharp though handheld, must have great technique! :)

Thanks mate, I think I have a pretty steady hand but I reckon I'd have got more consistently focused shots with the monopod, some were stupidly blurry haha

I went to Brands Hatch on Saturday for the BSB, and had about 2 percent that were any good lol. I could see the camera moving around as I panned! A lot of people there had monopods but then they also had big glass, which made my 18-300VR feel a little inadequate LOL.

Why, is she a Marquez fan like mine? :p

Oh hell no! Neither of us are! We are both massive Rossi fans, it was more the fact that she didn't expect it to be so big!

890296E9-0347-41E0-A461-AA729DEFFDBF.jpg

Awesome captures Paul, nice to get them hung proudly on a wall. I'm mad into bikes me. Great work/talent!!!!

Thanks mate! I'm a massive bike fan too, just part ex'd my Rossi edition R6 for a brand new Triumph Explorer 1215, sadly my body can't cope with sports bikes anymore haha

I'm a massive MotoGP fan and have been since I was a kid, no matter how much I try I can't use a monopod, it just feels wrong. You want to try hand holding a 300mm 2.8. It gets awfully heavy by the end of a session..

Welcome to the forum :)

Back