Motorbike exhaust.

I’m not saying it’s the same thing but the basis of noise is the same, most car drivers “hear before they see”

Most don't care, they don't look, they are in their armoured box & blissfully unaware of almost everything around them.
I have 7 bikes with Non standard exhausts - if fact getting on one in the next 5 mins.. Not a chance in London for a standard exhaust.. You try and use as many factors as you can to ensure they don't hit you. Its basic survival.

I must add, I do have “noisy” exhausts but every single one of them passes an MOT and is completely legal at all times,
There is no SOUND check for MOTS on bikes - its just a visual that they do not have a not for road use sticker / plate on them.

@Diving Pete spot on matey, also notice on my z750 a quick blip of the throttle as I am moving past a lane of traffic you notice the cagers look in their mirrors and pull over a bit.

Also on the MOT yep, my tester says my bike is very quiet compared to the Harleys he gets in they are ridiculously loud.

The other thing to remember about bikes is they are generally gone in seconds, so what you do hear, you don't hear for very long...

Last edited:
where I live its the middle aged morons on Focus STs that rip around town that make way more noise than any bikes.
wannabee vin diesels

where I live its the middle aged morons on Focus STs that rip around town that make way more noise than any bikes.
wannabee vin diesels
???????????
Why would they be "on" the car?
There is no connection between Vin Diesel and a Focus ST.

its just a visual that they do not have a VISIBLE not for road use sticker / plate on them.

Corrected for you. When I had a thus marked pipe on a bike, the tester spotted the marking and suggested that I covered the mark with tape so he couldn't read it, including the helpful pointer that "There's some insulating tape on the bench over there."

Corrected for you. When I had a thus marked pipe on a bike, the tester spotted the marking and suggested that I covered the mark with tape so he couldn't read it, including the helpful pointer that "There's some insulating tape on the bench over there."

I had the same with an old ZRX1200 my friendly MOT man recommended I move the Yoshimura sticker to cover the "for race user only" stamp prior to supplying it to him for MOT.

I also had a Tsukigu Titanium racing system that was race only, a bit of wet and dry made the stamp go away .

View attachment 255578
how do you simply add pics nowadays, everything i try says "file to large" even a simple iphone snap.

how do you simply add pics nowadays, everything i try says "file to large" even a simple iphone snap.
The limit for an upload seems to be 500KB. I just resize my shots below that.

The limit for an upload seems to be 500KB. I just resize my shots below that.
Fair enough, I assume that means uploading to a site to re-size and then download again ??

can’t be arsed with that, all I wanted was to pop a pic straight from my phone, seems that options dead now :(

Fair enough, I assume that means uploading to a site to re-size and then download again ??

can’t be arsed with that, all I wanted was to pop a pic straight from my phone, seems that options dead now :(

The android phone app automatically resizes images I upload from the phone to fit.

You can just email it to yourself on the iPhone and you'll get options to resize with the file size indicated.
On another forum I use the display is either 800px wide or if you click 100% - full size phone images that take forwever to display are a right PITA :)

You can just email it to yourself on the iPhone and you'll get options to resize with the file size indicated.
On another forum I use the display is either 800px wide or if you click 100% - full size phone images that take forwever to display are a right PITA :)
aw i like this sneaky workaround (y)

Nice, sounds good

Nice, sounds good

Baffle out now (back in for road use ;-) ), sounds great, it reminds me of my bandit 600. Both being straight in line fours, I guess they will sound similar. The bandit used to breathe fire but it had carbs, I'm yet to see that with the CBR.

Last edited:
Mine had a dyno last year and they filmed it but I won’t post it as the haters will slaughter me,I wanted a little pop on shut off, no joy I’m afaraid.

My old GSX-R600 (2004) which was remapped used blow flames out the back of an Akrapovic exhaust, it was quite a spectacle.

Much better!

Even better in the flesh. Baffle now out for 'demonstration' purposes. :LOL:

I'm yet to ride it with the new can, dam you icy/salty roads.

my FZ1 came with an exhaust the size of a bin on it as standard,swapped it for a titanium max torque can that saved me a ton of weight and sounded much better, decatted it and i got it remaped by P3 tuning in Liverpool and its so much better, very smooth from 0 to the redline and transforms the midrange, well recommended....just a pity ive snapped my tib and fib and cant ride the bloody thing :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

just a pity ive snapped my tib and fib and cant ride the bloody thing :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

I've damaged the medial ligament of my left knee (slipped on the platform running for a train...) and I can't hold a sharp bend in the knee for more than about 10 minutes, so I had to say goodbye to my Fireblade a few years ago. Keep thinking about getting something more upright, but having (very) short legs, there isn't a lot of interesting options.

Bobber? The current Speedmaster has more forward controlish pedals so would keep your legs straighter (and should be plenty low enough!) Obviously won't handle like a sports bike but will get you back on 2 wheels.

Bobber? The current Speedmaster has more forward controlish pedals so would keep your legs straighter (and should be plenty low enough!) Obviously won't handle like a sports bike but will get you back on 2 wheels.

Nod - you may as well tell him to get a scooter - LOLOLOL

You live longer on a cruiser... (And can reach the floor!)

I've damaged the medial ligament of my left knee (slipped on the platform running for a train...) and I can't hold a sharp bend in the knee for more than about 10 minutes, so I had to say goodbye to my Fireblade a few years ago. Keep thinking about getting something more upright, but having (very) short legs, there isn't a lot of interesting options.

its a bit more complex than "just" my tib and fib, its the tibial plateau( the bit right at the top in the knee), to go for the full hand ive done my medial lateral ligament too..theres a couple of plates and lots and lots of pins in the tibia,i was 6 hours in theatre with 2 surgeons, i done it in the beginning of September ( 2 weeks before i was due to go to the picos de europa in northern spain for a week on the bike and the day before i was due to start my IAM advanced riding course . ive just been allowed to put some weight on my foot 3 weeks ago and started my physio last week,im glad i saved some of my strong pain killers for when the physio started..ive 4 exercises to do 3 times a day, mainly for stretching my hamstrings but 1 for strengthening my quad..i put a rolled up towel under my knee and lift my leg straight, holding it for 5 seconds...sounds simple...trust me it isnt...my leg feels like it weighs a ton and its agony to lift..it is getting better though, i have 100 degrees of bend in the knee but my goal is 110 degrees to match my right knee. off to see the consultant tomorrow to see what he says...looking at literature about tibial plateau breaks it can be up to 12 months before fully fit...so still got a bit of time to go...especially as i want to get back to work...as for the bike, i can get on it and just get my foot on the peg but not able to really go up and down on the gear lever to be confident in actually riding it, maybe il wait till the spring to be safe ( i normally ride right through the year), i did sit on a harley with forward controls on it this afternoon at my mates garage, it was surprisingly comfortable and i am sure i could easy ride that but it was a customers so coudnt take it out saying that im not really a harley type of rider but if its the only bike i could ride i would just to stay on 2 wheels, the leg ive done this time WAS my good leg and ive been warned il need a knee replacement soonish but il cross that bridge when i come to it....i done my leg this time falling off a bloody step ladder 4 foot up, and my bird thinks motorbikes are dangerous..its decorating thats dangerous

Nod - you may as well tell him to get a scooter - LOLOLOL

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've tried riding "feet forward" and hate it. Just something more upright will probably do it. I tried a 1200GS but with a 28" inside leg, it was a bit too tall, and I couldn't get on with the feel of that engine. The one bike I have ridden since the problem, and felt comfortable on was the Vstrom 650.

Back