motorbikes old/new...open thread??

How are you all still alive. I met so many guys who died on a moterbike, its rediculous
Luck, mainly.
Looking forward to getting back on the bike next week.

Avoiding sports bikes might help too. I find them horrendously uncomfortable until I'm at "70 MPH, yer honour"... with all my weight on my wrists, making normal (legal!) riding a royal pain. My preferred styles are nakeds and cruisers - not necessarily slow, just more comfortable at sensible speeds.
Here's hoping the weather holds for a pleasant ride tomorrow afternoon/evening.

That satin paint is a BIaTCH to keep clean!
Tempted by a pair of shortie mudguards for mine but I think our weather makes the longer ones a better idea. Dropping the mirrors like that make them totally useless IME - a perfect view of elbows through forearms!

That satin paint is a BIaTCH to keep clean!
Tempted by a pair of shortie mudguards for mine but I think our weather makes the longer ones a better idea. Dropping the mirrors like that make them totally useless IME - a perfect view of elbows through forearms!
I have used this on my Sprint, admittedly it's a shiny bike but it might work? SDoc S100 Gel Cleaner Spray 1L Can

Last edited:
Mine are all shiny too but a mate has a satin finish on one of his and wishes he had gone for a shiny one instead. Slightly ironically, he paid extra for the satin finish!

I've known some 4 strokes that have smoked more!!!

Hi, GÖRICKE Diva (maybe they overdid the marketing in the 50s a little ... ):

DSC00381-a7r2-2-tp.jpg

No longer "2 Personen on der sitzplatze"! (Sorry, no umlauts on this keyboard.)

No longer "2 Personen on der sitzplatze"! (Sorry, no umlauts on this keyboard.)

Hi, it is a solo bike (although it says Sitzplätze: 2 Personen, meaning a passenger seat could be fitted).

With an unsprung rear end, passengers might not have felt happy anyway ... ---

The one time I rode a hardtail, I wasn't that happy! Might have helped a bit if the seat was sprung - but not a lot!

The one time I rode a hardtail, I wasn't that happy! Might have helped a bit if the seat was sprung - but not a lot!

Hi, I know how it feels, too. My first bike ZÜNDAPP Norma 200 had no rear suspension ... ---

Immo, please keep up the good work. I love calling in here to see what the bike catch of the day is and you've caught some crackers to date. That side valve Harley and the Enfield above just to name two...….nice.

I can only hope that the paint and chrome on the latest Royal Enfields is better than it was in 2010.

Going to take the twins (Continental and Interceptor) out for a test ride at some point. The dealer knows I'm not likely to buy one, he's just happy for them to be out and about to be seen. He's selling them as fast as he can get them in stock at the moment.

Immo, please keep up the good work. I love calling in here to see what the bike catch of the day is and you've caught some crackers to date. That side valve Harley and the Enfield above just to name two...….nice.

Thank you for your friendly comment, mulch! :) Next week, there are two events I hope will feature lots of Harleys ... ---

If that's a 175 (CB) I don't recall my forks looking like that, the lumps at the bottom look wrong and it was 2LS drum brake?
Indicators are wrong too.
CD 175 had SLS plus it was single carb, nor was it that colour scheme and mudguard is wrong for a CD version (UK anyway).
Pickey or what? Sorry.

Last edited:
If that's a 175 (CB) I don't recall my forks looking like that, the lumps at the bottom look wrong and it was 2LS drum brake?
Indicators are wrong too.
CD 175 had SLS plus it was single carb, nor was it that colour scheme and mudguard is wrong for a CD version (UK anyway).
Pickey or what? Sorry.

Well, I can't say much about the originality of that Honda. I never owned one. But the smaller bikes very often fell into the wrong hands, and were not
well maintained. ... ---

I showed it as is ...

Back