motorbikes old/new...open thread??

A10?

Like the Pan.

Ran an 88" Shovel for a couple of years while its owner was working in the Gulf. I was well over 18 stone at the time (especially in riding gear!) and could stand on the kicker on the compression stroke.

Tidy Triton at the Avro Heritage Museum's Wheels and Wings Event, Woodford Airfield:

48512792582_8b96f7b27e_b.jpg

48512610816_e4d374f6b9_b.jpg

GC

At a guess, anyone into bikes will be aware of the bike above's mahoosive grandson... the R18.

Hi, a BMW R 69S combination. - With 42 hp, the R69S was BMW's top bike till the /5s . Today, it would be one for beginners or housewives ... :

L1018086_DxO-L50s-c-tp.jpg

L1018087_DxO-L50s-c-tp.jpg

Shame their VR6 project never took off.

Shame their VR6 project never took off.

Hi, they appear to be selling the bikes - in moderate numbers ... Of course, at 35 K€ they are very expensive. And then there is very thin technical support... ---

They have a shop at Bad Homburg. Next time I 'm there, I shall try to take a few pics for this thread.

https://www.horex.com/shop-3/

My bad!

Last time I spoke to a friend (who has several old Horexes) about them must have been about 5 years ago when they had just gone broke (again).

Other than the price (which isn't too extortionate for a high end bike), it looks interesting but well out of my price range (for a toy!) and not really my style of bike.

Turning right...

Panasonic G9 8GB 08 P1012693.JPG

... Other than the price (which isn't too extortionate for a high end bike), it looks interesting but well out of my price range (for a toy!) and not really my style of bike.

Hi, I do not really see where the new HOREX VR6 has its place in the market. A DUCATI Monster is half the price...

Maybe, the HOREX is a collector's bike, more to be caressed than used ... ---

I have never seen one.

Like the Norton SS V4, the Brough Superior, Ariel Ace and the BMW HP4.

My Triumph Bobber is only really useful as a toy - nowhere to stick anything bigger than a security chain and a disc lock, both of which took a little ingenuity to make space for! Yes, you can but side racks and luggage for them but it spoils the look of them.

Hi, I still see bikes from my point of view - how I used them, for long-distance travelling, and commuting.

Even rode the whole year - winter included. But these days are gone, I suppose ... ---

Back