motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Another statue, this one the legend that is Joey Dunlop

Joey Dunlop statue, The Bungalow, Snaefell
by Cliff Jones, on Flickr

Purely by chance I saw this photo and immediately recognized the location as I had my childhood on the island. I haven’t however seen the memorial.....of which there are several to other TT riders who have succombé to the course
Nice capture of an excellent motorcyclist who I watched racing and indeed winning several TT races.

Purely by chance I saw this photo and immediately recognized the location as I had my childhood on the island. I haven’t however seen the memorial.....of which there are several to other TT riders who have succombé to the course
Nice capture of an excellent motorcyclist who I watched racing and indeed winning several TT races.

Thank you
There was also this mural (not sure if it’s still there)

Joey Dunlop mural, The Bungalow, Snaefell
by Cliff Jones, on Flickr

This is a scan of the only photograph i have of myself on my Suzuki GT 250 .. This is when you could ride up to 250 on a provisional licence... Blackpool 1975

1biken.jpg

This is a scan of the only photograph i have of myself on my Suzuki GT 250 .. This is when you could ride up to 250 on a provisional licence... Blackpool 1975

Thank you for sharing this! (y)

On my BMW R90/6 in Portugal 1974 (printscan 2005). I wear my hair a little shorter and lighter now ( :LOL: ) ... --- :

x-tp-Unbenannt-Scannen-20.jpg

I avoided cameras as much as possible during my long, dark haired days! Would have been on a GS550T or an 88" Shovelhead low rider/bobber back then (mid '80s to late '90s)

First ride post test was on a GT250. Not ridden a 2 stroke (other than a couple of scooters) since (bloody stinkwheels!!!)

A Greek friend's BMW 250. Not sure of the exact model or year - it was a mongrel when he acquired it many years ago and he's continued in it's tradition of mixed ancestry. Now he's got it running, he plans on a bit more restoration.

DSC00180 copy.jpg

I avoided cameras as much as possible during my long, dark haired days!

Same.. this is what i got for taking a girl with me.... aww come on.. who had L plates or didn't take girls :)

Same.. this is what i got for taking a girl with me.... aww come on.. who had L plates or didn't take girls :)

A few years after your pic, who wasn't stoating around on a 350 Elsie with 250 side panels (with L plates)?

I couldn't possibly answer that one. She became my wife in '78 and I adore her to this day.

A few years after your pic, who wasn't stoating around on a 350 Elsie with 250 side panels (with L plates)?

haha exactly.. suzuki 380 looked just like the 250.. changing the oil cover was all you had to do.. same with rd 250 -350 yamaha

PS I just decided to do a number plate search on my old bike.. I bought new in decemberr 1974... I only had for 2 years.. .. gov.uk states next tax due sep 1982 so presumably the poor thing olny lasted 8 years

Probably longer than most learner bikes of that era, especially 2 strokes.

In rather better nick than Manolis's! (Although another friend in Crete [also called Manolis!] has a couple that look as thought they're due to be delivered to the showroom - or did about 20 years ago; I think they have a few km under their wheels now!)

Back