motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Have to say that I prefer his (CV) styling on the BSA triple (that Triumph "borrowed"!) but that Honda's probably nicer to ride than a Hurricane.

Craig Vetter farings!! I was in the US in 1981 to 1983 and read ALL the motorcycle magazines and these fairings were advertised everywhere as the 'must have'.

Lovely bike and well looked after.

Merry Christmas! I found this manual for my BMW R75/5 I bought in 1971 in a drawer. It made me think back to my motorcycling years ... ---

L1023302_DxO-L21-c.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Immo and many thanks for keeping this thread going, it's always nice to see Kindred Spirits of the motorcycling world:)

Too cold at present and the roads are still very muddy. Roll on until we can get out again and it's warmer.

I don't mind a bit of cold too much (My bikes have heated grips) but to have to hose down the bike to get rid of the mud and accrued salt when I get back home is one step too far because it is always necessary to finish off with a sponge and warm soapy water and then another hose down (and you always miss a bit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping for some bright, dry days over the coming months. No heated grips, just decent gloves and an Irvin flying jacket coupled with armoured jeans keep me warm enough for the short journeys I usually make during the winter. Mind you, there's usually a café at the far end and I'm not sure how many of those are open at the moment!

Hi, @Nod, to show I have learnt the lesson in the other thread, I show a few Beezers ;) :

D80_6849-n70c-tp.jpg

D80_6788-n70c-tp-s.jpg

Not sure about the displacement of the bikes above. So, a clear 500cc case ... :

DSC00341-a7-5-z25ba-c.jpg

Thanks for those, Immo. Probably a B?? somewhere among them!
Got a few bits and pieces of Bantam in the garage - tank and a few engine cases. Gave the seat to a local disability collective to recover as a sample - looks pretty damn good so will get them to do any future projects than need upholstery. Mrs Nod has had a few items repaired and re-zipped by them at very good prices and with excellent work.

Oooh... a bike thread! Here's some of my current bike - a Thruxton 1200R

i-LvpMTww-L.jpg

i-Xbs24sM-L.jpg

i-hD8Bh4N-L.jpg

Last bike before this one was a BMW R9T (also 1200cc)

i-RK4Rbw9-L.jpg

i-Fxm8JPn-L.jpg

Obviously I like modern classic!

Last edited:
Been 1/2 tempted by a Thruxton but not found the right one yet. Got a Bobber, a "stock" 865 Bonnie and a Speedmaster (865 EFi) so get my modern classic fix whenever possible!

Not allowed any more! (There's a Royal Enfield too...) Love all 3 Trumps so don't want to lose one to make room for another, although I could be tempted to part with the stockest Bonnie if I had to. Have to see what comes up at Speed (the local 2nd hand warehouse place where most of my bikes come from) with the right configuration and see how a Thruxton would fit my dodgy hip.

Nicknamed "Ditchpumps" here. Not sire why.

Back