motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Well, it would be, it's a NODdy bike. :LOL:

Thank you for showing the VELOCETTE LE, wontolla! (y) It made me curious, and I read about its history on the net.

The MARS was mentioned there as an early version of the practical motorcycle concept:

DSC00790-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

Last edited:
yes. the kreidlers were water cooled...iirc...1963 TT

But only the racers (from 1969 on). - Normal Kreidlers (50cc Florett ) were air-cooled. I know because I rode one I borrowed from a friend.

Last edited:
If you think that's overloaded, have a look HERE!!!

Any similarity to a Bantam is down to the design being part of reparations in the mid '40s. Brakes are probably better on the German option!

Any similarity to a Bantam is down to the design being part of reparations in the mid '40s. Brakes are probably better on the German option!

Thank you! I did not know that! (y)

(y)

just gone through this thread hadn't seen it before

one of mine from the mid 80's

Kw0x9UA.jpg

had a lot of fun during the 80's on bikes but sadly have very few photographs of them

D
just gone through this thread hadn't seen it before

one of mine from the mid 80's

Kw0x9UA.jpg

had a lot of fun during the 80's on bikes but sadly have very few photographs of them

Did you know that Suzuki have done a new version of the Kat? There's also someone from Back Street Heroes who is doing a supercharged one with a lot of other mods which will be interesting to see! Hopefully Simon Everett will get to shoot some pix of the end result and can share them here.

D

Did you know that Suzuki have done a new version of the Kat? There's also someone from Back Street Heroes who is doing a supercharged one with a lot of other mods which will be interesting to see! Hopefully Simon Everett will get to shoot some pix of the end result and can share them here.

it's not actually a Katana although it's styling is certainly based on one it's a suzuki XN85 turbo if truth be known they were a little under powered
the turbo started playing up in less than 15,000 miles ( wastegate actuator seizing ) it was one of the achilles heels of that bike but i did enjoy it while it lasted
i part ex'd a suzuki RG500 ( which i have no photos of sadly ) for it which might sound a little odd and i had tremendous fun on the 500 but the 18mpg when riding it enthusiastically and the clogging spark plugs if you didn't clear it was getting expensive
iv'e not been following the progress of bikes for some years now i think the reason is i would start yearning for one but the wife would divorce me :(

iv'e not been following the progress of bikes for some years now i think the reason is i would start yearning for one but the wife would divorce me :(

Double freedom!!! (Only joking, although the freedom of 2 wheels is intoxicating, even now.)

Probably a keeper then!

Back