motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Creating its own patch of mist!

Been tinkering with the Bobber a bit so thought I'd share a few shots of the result. Black cases were fitted at the tail end of last year and the airbox removal has been done over the past couple of days. Got a slow puncture at the moment so just pushed it to the top of the road for the pix - same spot as the older shots.

DSCF5476.jpgDSCF5478.jpgDSCF5482.jpg

And as it was before the changes.
DSCF5073.JPG

Thank you, although any bits are bolt ons from assorted companies rather than it being a "proper" custom. I'd like a bit more carrying space - the tool bag on the rear subframe carries a chain and the handlebar case holds the disc lock so anything else needs a rucksack! The company that supplied the airbox removal kit do a factory custom Bobber with a springer front end but don't seem to sell the front end as a separate item. Just need the puncture fixed and get some miles under its wheels again!

Thank you, although any bits are bolt ons from assorted companies rather than it being a "proper" custom. I'd like a bit more carrying space - the tool bag on the rear subframe carries a chain and the handlebar case holds the disc lock so anything else needs a rucksack! The company that supplied the airbox removal kit do a factory custom Bobber with a springer front end but don't seem to sell the front end as a separate item. Just need the puncture fixed and get some miles under its wheels again!

Hi, there are not many places to fix a carrier. A tankrucksack seems the best solution to me ... ---

D80_0432-n70c.jpg

Hi, there are not many places to fix a carrier. A tankrucksack seems the best solution to me ... ---

There is a tiny rear rack that fits to the rear mudguard but I'm not sure how much it would hold (safely and without affecting handling with the extra unsprung weight) and having removed the airbox, there are two fairly strong mounting bosses available (possibly where the new Speedmasters' rear subframe bolts on?) where a stronger (sprung weight!) rack could be mounted but it would spoil the looks (and it's a vain bike!!!)
The best option is another bike!!! So I have a couple. :)

A thud of Leadwings!

Our Leaf EV is in for service and MoT today and the garage boss picked it up this morning, leaving his XV950 in the drive. Took a couple of snaps between showers.

DSCF5505.JPGDSCF5506.JPGDSCF5507.JPGDSCF5509.JPG

Those KTMs are so slow!!! ;)

Back