motorbikes old/new...open thread??

My Royal Enfield is an Indian motorcycle!

Hi, German police is quite well equipped with the R 1200 RT nowadays. In the 70s they generally had he the R50, myself the R75/5 and then the R90/6 ... :

L1003573_DxO-z50p-4.jpg

50381883807_f6b6f357c3_z.jpg

This arrived 2 days ago , 1100cc Virago 1989 18502 miles from new , stored for years , Carbs off , will need some work on the fuel system and tanks x2

50381883807_f6b6f357c3_z.jpg

This arrived 2 days ago , 1100cc Virago 1989 18502 miles from new , stored for years , Carbs off , will need some work on the fuel system and tanks x2

My new steed is now at the bike garage , they phoned yesterday ans said the bike is in very good condition and well worth saving , I noticed a tax disc from 2014 , Both tyres are date code 2005 they look new , loads of tread but have cracks and splits due to age so both need replacing.

My new steed is now at the bike garage , they phoned yesterday ans said the bike is in very good condition and well worth saving , I noticed a tax disc from 2014 , Both tyres are date code 2005 they look new , loads of tread but have cracks and splits due to age so both need replacing.

Good luck with your restoration project! :)

Chances are than fresh fuel and a charged battery would get it running but definitely worth cleaning the carbs out and checking the thing over thoroughly before turning the key. Enjoy it when it's finished.

Chances are than fresh fuel and a charged battery would get it running but definitely worth cleaning the carbs out and checking the thing over thoroughly before turning the key. Enjoy it when it's finished.

The previous owner removed the carbs then the float chambers and gave up , parked it up for years , The fuel tank has a slight amount of rust / dust inside so will need a acid clean and sealing , No battery came with it so a new on will be fitted , Fork seals are being done as well , When it comes back I want it reliable and usable :cool:

Should be both, Not the best handling bike around but cruisers aren't!

Back