Mount Tiede

S

Steve

Another from Tenerife…Mount Tiede, once an active volcano but it has been dormant for quite a while now. Officially classed as a green site meaning that no activity has been registered there for over a year although there was three minor tremors detected last year.

Canon 20D, 17-40L.

Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/100
Av( Aperture Value ) F11
Metering Mode Evaluative
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 100
Focal Length 17 mm
AF Mode Manual

IMG_0392.jpg

i like this also, very bright shot again. What post processing have you done?

I have done very little processing to these shots that I have recently posted. I have found that the 20D exposes very accurately if you get the metering mode and area correct. With there being a large range in this shot I dialled in -1/3 compensation at the time of shoot and backed it off very slightly during processing. Originally shot in JPEG meant not much room for processing which is what I wanted to do with it being a familiarisation exercise with the new camera. I wanted to see what I could get out of the box so to speak. The 20D is a lot softer than the 10D in the same set up though but it does sharpen very well indeed, much better than the 10D in this respect. In this photo I have applied some USM just to bring it back up to my usual required levels for web viewing.

Back