Mountain bike world championships. Mont St Anne. Quebec

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
My top 6 photos from an absolute roller coaster of a weekend with rain, sun and drama all the way through the week in Canada

2019. MSA. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (6 of 6) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

2019. MSA. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (3 of 6) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

2019. MSA. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (2 of 6) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

2019. MSA. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (5 of 6) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

2019. MSA. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (1 of 1) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

6.2019. MSA. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (4 of 6) by nessiemac1, on Flickr

Really cool shots, great compositions, nice light and good detail, like em a lot (y)

Great action shots, well done (y)

I rarely bother to even look at sports photography as I tend to find it a bit - well boring

So imagine my surprise at opening this thread, only to be truly impressed with the photography of a subject I know sod all about but which looks like nutters hurtling themselves down mountains in a bid to see who can get to hospital first !!!

Brilliant set of photos @nessiemac :clap::clap::clap:

Dave

I rarely bother to even look at sports photography as I tend to find it a bit - well boring

So imagine my surprise at opening this thread, only to be truly impressed with the photography of a subject I know sod all about but which looks like nutters hurtling themselves down mountains in a bid to see who can get to hospital first !!!

Brilliant set of photos @nessiemac :clap::clap::clap:

Dave

Wow, many thanks Dave. If you think the photos make it look nuts try and stand within touching distance as they fly past at up to 45 mph!! I do my best to capture how epic the course and riders are. Thanks again.

Great set with No 1 a standout. Were you using flash as the lighting is really good on most of the shots.

Thanks Simon. Haven't used flash at a race for years so no. Hardest part is to try and find decent light on a the course and work with the angles with whatever natural light you have.

Thanks Simon. Haven't used flash at a race for years so no. Hardest part is to try and find decent light on a the course and work with the angles with whatever natural light you have.
That makes them even better. It didn't look like flash but you have a selection of shots with consistent great light over a number of obstacles. That isn't easy to do in those surroundings. Hats off great stuff

Great photos :)
I’ve been following DH for about 15 years and know it takes great positioning and timing to get those high quality shots. I imagine the Canadian poeople still have a big following for Steve Smith :(

Great set of photos, especially that first one, that's incredible!

Thanks Nigel. The first one was the hardest to get right as the riders appeared from nowhere so had to rely on my ears to hear where they were and hope for the best!! :)

Great set, 1 and 6 stand out for me. To capture the eyes of such a busy fast moving subject is really quite something!

Back