mountain hare

Very nice (y)

By coincidence, I was out looking for Mountain Hares yesterday near Windy Hill but sadly blanked.

Our local ones are supposedly the most northern ones in England, was this Dove Stone?

Very nice (y)

By coincidence, I was out looking for Mountain Hares yesterday near Windy Hill but sadly blanked.

Our local ones are supposedly the most northern ones in England, was this Dove Stone?
Yes, it was at dove stone. It's the only one I saw there, but it was my first time going, and was really just to scope out the place ready for when there is snow.

Might need the fog to clear!!!!

It won't be at Dovestone though, I don't fancy that hill tomorrow!

Might need the fog to clear!!!!

It won't be at Dovestone though, I don't fancy that hill tomorrow!
Yes the walk was a bit steep, but it's the only spot I read about on the internet that was close-ish for hares

Yes the walk was a bit steep, but it's the only spot I read about on the internet that was close-ish for hares

Out first location today was shrouded in mist, so we did consider nipping over to dovestones, but in the end opted for a lesser know moor not really noted for its mountain hares, but where my mate had found a carcas of one last week. It was a hard slog over rough boggy ground but we covered 6 miles and managed to see one hare. No photos though, as he flushed from his form and was away. It was a big one though and white as snow. Definately made the hike worthwhile.

A nice capture I keep thinking of going to Peak District to try and see one a photo would be a bonus

Back