Mouse in garden during daylight!

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

A few days ago I spotted what seemed to be a very small juvenile Wood Mouse (we have seen the adults in the past so logical.................................but at its apparent smallness and age it is much more grey with a tad of ruddyness and the tail seems to be bare, so a House Mouse perhaps???

Now, it was running around and bumping into things in full sun afternoon.

Today we both saw it ans it even ran into SWMBO feet!!!!

It is finding food but I wondered if it has an eyesight issue???

By small I mean about the size of the end of your thumb :)

Too speedy to even try for a picture but if you have any insights especially bearing in mid the time of day etc

TIA :)

not seen many baby wood mice buddy am unsure on their colour, I'b be amazed if they weren't a red brown. but what's new huh:LOL: We've have had both species here, and voles both bank and field the grey to me seems logical for house mouse. , House mouse face and ears are different,I can't put it into words bro but I think if you are confident with a wood mouse ID, them a house mouse would appear different to you . I just can't be completely confident because of the lack of knowledge of wood mouse kidlets

It sounds logical also for eye sight problems ,slow it down with some food buddy small pile prefocus.... maybe with a remote tripod We need a piccy here me olde mate;) doesn't have to be the best (y).........................

ha h a....................yup fast isn't the word . We were watching for deer and suddenly became aware a wood mouse was filling her nest with new leaves Erm she was running between me feet:rolleyes: ,chance of a lifetime buddy...... I had her run down and she went back and forth, back and forth ......................not a single frame,to show,they are damn tricky to make images of but maybe a bit of food right place will give you an edge, Laurence, imagine a wood mouse mouth full of leaves bounding full tilt straight down the barrel, we can but dream:)

I seem to recollect posting a possible leucistic field vole here,in the wild section where I normally post. I think we ( me and my lady sorry mate) mused that it might have had potential eye probs Laurence I can't remember it's been a brutal week on site I'm sure we talked about it bumping into things.

have a go with some grub mate I'm sort of curious now as well:LOL:

Hi Stu

Thanks for the thoughts & insights.

Not always possible to be watching every day at previously seen times :(

So if it has survived will try to spot it again over the next few days and endeavour to have camera ready.......will have to see???

It might be close to home buddy but it's still wildllife ,nowt is a given all the luck catching up to it.

Wouldn't it be fab if we didn't live these moronic hectic lives and one could just focus,forgive the pun.

Back