MP-e 65 on the Olly EM-1

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

First shots with the MP-e on the Olympus EM-1 using the Commlite CM-EF-MFT adapter. The adapter allows you to change the aperture and send exif data to the camera. Raining outside so a few shots of this dead fly, it was all I could find. it will be a bit of a learning curve to get the thing setup right and working out the correct PP but it seems to work. :D

Testing the MP-e on the Olly EM-1 by Ajophotog, on ipernity

MP-e65 on EM-1 by Ajophotog, on ipernity

MP-e65 on EM-1 by Ajophotog, on ipernity

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one looks very good and am sure once you get used to the new setting, you will share some more shots with us. Just hope the weather will stay warm for a bit longer:)

I am tempted to get the MP-E with a CSC but undecided :D

The first one looks very good and am sure once you get used to the new setting, you will share some more shots with us. Just hope the weather will stay warm for a bit longer:)

I am tempted to get the MP-E with a CSC but undecided :D
I think once I have sorted the light out things should improve, these were the first shots to see how it performed.

Looks good Alby I need to consider this now.

Great shots.I love that lens. I have the Olympus EM-1 but will stick with using the MP-E65 with my 5D Mkiii and MT-24EX though the new stacking feature on the EM-1 is something I haven't tried yet, it looks a tad easier than manually stacking with a focus rail. What are the opinions on the Olympus twin flash?

Great shots.I love that lens. I have the Olympus EM-1 but will stick with using the MP-E65 with my 5D Mkiii and MT-24EX though the new stacking feature on the EM-1 is something I haven't tried yet, it looks a tad easier than manually stacking with a focus rail. What are the opinions on the Olympus twin flash?

stacking feature ? didn't know it could do that , is that a firmware update ?

stacking feature ? didn't know it could do that , is that a firmware update ?

The focus stacking is not yet available but should be by the end of the month though will not support the canon lens

The focus stacking is not yet available but should be by the end of the month though will not support the canon lens
It won't support the canon? Oh well, I'm tempted to get the Olympus 60mm macro at some point. I love manually stacking anyway. I've tried to paste in a Flickr URL of some of my stacks but it won't work (all resized to fit pixel requirements but to no avail).

It won't support the canon? Oh well, I'm tempted to get the Olympus 60mm macro at some point. I love manually stacking anyway. I've tried to paste in a Flickr URL of some of my stacks but it won't work (all resized to fit pixel requirements but to no avail).

You need the BB code really

16646450850_5d21f357b0_m.jpg
Hoverfly[/url] by Adrian Holloway, on Flickr[/IMG]

You need the BB code really
Yeah, I've done that, followed the upload guide to the letter but still can't get it to work. I've just tried and my message is apparently waiting for moderator approval. Maybe it'll appear in a bit.

I find the Olympus flash is excellent and gives good coverage. The power adjustment is so easy to dial in compared to the canon twin lite. I need to sort out my difussion for it though. It has model lights too which is useful.

I find the Olympus flash is excellent and gives good coverage. The power adjustment is so easy to dial in compared to the canon twin lite. I need to sort out my difussion for it though. It has model lights too which is useful.
Nice one, might look into getting one at some point. I wouldn't be without my diffusers for the MT-24EX, though they can limit how close you can get to your subject. I bought a Sigma 180mm f/2.8 lens a while ago and it's a pain to use with flash.

I was thinking I didnt need that twin flash set up but maybe I need a rethink.

Back