Mud and Sand - photos added :-)

I tried to post more and several photos in a single post but it just didn't work, what a pain in the bum!

Well, this thread has proved so popular, I though t I would add some more :LOL:

:LOL:

We've been a little disappointing, haven't we? :p

Since I know you appreciate crit, here's my take - feel free to ignore. :)

#1 - I'd lose the darl band at the top so the S of the water is the defining feature of the picture.

#2 - I'd crop at the bottom so the line of foam goes into the bottom LH corner, dividing the foreground in 2 complementary halves with sky above.

Second-last, looks better *to me* without the foreground hillock.

Last image, I'd like the sandbar to be the sole feature. As presented the (intentionally?) wonky horizon doesn't work for me.

Hope that's useful.

Thanks Toni, I'll have a look at the crops tomorrow, perhaps needless to say I liked them as presented. The wonky horizon is actually another sandbank, the actual horizon is hidden in the mist but the camera was level.

Thanks Toni, I'll have a look at the crops tomorrow, perhaps needless to say I liked them as presented.

Of course you did, otherwise you'd not have posted. I know I have a different set of things that work for me compared to many others.

I know you may have chosen such a flat palate but it does not work for me

As a concept or project I can see it working but it is not convincing me at the moment

I know you may have chosen such a flat palate but it does not work for me

As a concept or project I can see it working but it is not convincing me at the moment
Thanks Alf, I suppose a project is really what I have in mind ultimately, I probably should have posted it in the Projects section

Back