Mummy And Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moorhens don`t have green legs.

Very nice moorhen in #1 (y)
its a shame you "missed" the feet though

In reply to Fracster. lol. Yeah? Well evidently this one does, *** they look yellow to me personally. If that is all you have to say, then why comment, no offence?

Very nice moorhen in #1 (y)
its a shame you "missed" the feet though

Yeah, the best ones were a little soft, so I ditched them. It was in pretty constant motion, so I was just clicking away in hopes some of them would be usable.

Maybe its my monitor.

Point taken though, you know best......(y)

I know nothing about wild animals or birds...........:)

Age 33, British female with Aspergers... just checked your profile for other photo's and i noticed that , i have Aspergers aswell ;)

Anyway back on topic , the quality on 1 is good but shame about the missing feet i think your photo's are ever improving Graelwyn keep at it!

Nice shots and great signs of improvement, but there's no ignoring those sharpening/processing halos Graelwyn and the purple fringing on some. Those legs do look very green too. If you're going to take offence at every comment you see as being adverse, people will just not comment.

I do actually appreciate that. I also know that Graelwyn is trying very hard to progress with her photography, which she simply isn't going to do unless she's prepared to listen when people are trying to help.

Simply saying that the legs are green is not helpful. Saying why they are green and offering advice on how to alter it is helpful. Saying I have purple fringing is not helpful as it does not tell me why that is there and how to alter it. I get sick of some people just picking out the negatives and never commenting on positives in my shots. I have noted several who are happy to criticise but who ignore any which othrs perceive as good.

Last edited:
Graelwyn we have no idea what processing you've done to these images, so can't begin to tell you how to put it right. Posting the original unedited images would help.

Perhaps I should have phrased it better, I can be a bit blunt at times.

The image seems over processed, maybe that is why the legs appear to green,Moorhens do not have green legs?

Resubmit the image, the only way to get better is too have more experienced people tell you where you are going wrong and what does not work with your images. I am not that good a tog, but I do know what is right and wrong with images of most wildlife. I was trying to help in my blunt way, take it or leave it.......:cautious:

Ok, fair enough. I will try and get the RAWS of my camera again tomorrow and just post the unprocessed jpegs but they will probably look rubbish with no contrast adjustments etc.

That's fine, looking at those images they look fine and sharp enough, I'm sure it's just the processing causing the problems.

Never sure what I should adjust to get it looking just right, so I possibly go overboard on some things but I thought purple fringing might be the lens.

Ok, fair enough. I will try and get the RAWS of my camera again tomorrow and just post the unprocessed jpegs but they will probably look rubbish with no contrast adjustments etc.

Please do so, then you can learn and so can I, i`m no great pro tog, so we all have to learn together.......(y)

Never sure what I should adjust to get it looking just right, so I possibly go overboard on some things but I thought purple fringing might be the lens.
Purple fringing is usually associated with chromatic aberrations and at places of adjoining vastly different contrast levels. A common one is where tree branches meet the skyline.

We wouldn't normally expect purple fringing in these shots, so I'm sure it's something in the processing and easily sorted if we know where you started from.

As this started out as a picture post and those images have been removed I'm closing the thread. Feel free to start another thread with your unedited shots if you wish Graelwyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back