Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Cg_Girl

Jamie Oliver's best friend.
Name
T.
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we have a new thread that will entice you all to get creative and join in.

It is all about getting creative and shooting anything that could be classed as boring and mundane but with the hope of getting a little creative..

It is purely for fun! but a great way also to get out of our comfort zones and really look at things around us, composition and angles really play a part and lighting too, in making something have that extra zing!..

Sold you yet? come on join in, spread the word and lets see what you can all come up with..

We will do weekly themes and see how it works, i will post a new theme and change the title each monday and then you can post your shots throughout the week...

You are all welcome to PM me ideas and suggestions for weekly themes, the boring and mundane the better

THIS WEEKS THEME IS NUMBERS:

Seeing as me not having the ability to keep quiet at times means this is mine to look after so i best start with the first shot... so here goes..

Just to point out i have used an older image of mine when i started doing a 365, this is being used just to get the thread up and running so you can all join in this week.:D

Day 49/356.........The day before 50!!!!!!! by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Last edited:
Numbers.... hmmm.... *looks aroung the dining room/office* Will have to have a think about that one, but defintely doing something (y)

You have no choice now, you HAVE to :LOL:

I may have posted this before but I'm on my way to work (I have my coat on lol) and wanted to at least contribute to the momentum :)

StopTime2 by Michael B O'Brien, on Flickr

Thank you! love the colours and lighting on that.. big (y) from me

Yep day 49 of my 365... and i didn't have a clue what to shoot.. In fact i just read the blurb on it from flickr, i do worry about myself sometimes, i actually classed that day (18th feb) as official Pants Day:D

Both opening images are really interesting btw, though would love to know if there is a reason you specifically chose 49 as the relevant number T?

I was hoping thought it was one of T's measurements......:naughty:

On a serious note T, could I suggest that it might be worth having a couple of threads running like we do over in the 52's.

One for you posting the weekly themes in say the opening post of the thread, plus discussion and such and one where peeps can post the images each week.

I think it would keep things tidy and easier to see the images if it is just them posted in a thread.

And I am sure a kind mod (Yv ;)) could make each thread a sticky :)

You have a point and something i did think about as photos easily get lost andit would be nice to keep them all together(y)

I'm going to join in too if that's ok?
Took this of a clock I made, on my iPhone.
image_zps30585674.jpg

Nice to have you on board Dafyyd, Nice sharp black and white image too, just goes to show what we can do with our phones too(y)

I'll sticky this thread but not sure 2 threads are necessary just yet, lets see how popular it becomes. Apart from anything else, in the 52's everyone has their own individual thread too, that's not really going to be the case here, so lets just play it by ear and have some fun (y)

9600178905_e762127dd9_o.jpg

The only mundane thing I could find with numbers on was this.

Will have to look for something else.

I'll sticky this thread but not sure 2 threads are necessary just yet, lets see how popular it becomes. Apart from anything else, in the 52's everyone has their own individual thread too, that's not really going to be the case here, so lets just play it by ear and have some fun (y)

Valid point but the sticky is ace and lovely to see people joining already (y)

The only mundane thing I could find with numbers on was this.

Will have to look for something else.

Excellent! Really like the darkness to the right, a creepyesque 7 up can lol

Come on you lot lets see your mundane stuff!..An easy numbers theme to start and then a new very mundane theme coming on monday:D

I am hoping to get something today, but it will depend on whether Plan A works... if not, Plan B, which I haven't yet fully formulated....in fact haven't started formulating.... :eek: :LOL:

:eek: then i hope plan A works lol :LOL::LOL:

I am hoping to get something today, but it will depend on whether Plan A works... if not, Plan B, which I haven't yet fully formulated....in fact haven't started formulating.... :eek: :LOL:

No plan B then :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll have look on my externa lHD see if I have any numbers images

Les (y)

OK, so seeing as how I often seem to have done my '52 by Monday I am going to have a little go at this from time to time especially this week as I don't even have to move from my chair to join in!

So here's a picture of my vernier gauge taken with my iphone. :)

OH NO, now it's Wednesday and I've nothing to do again :bonk: :LOL:

Last edited:
No plan B then :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll have look on my externa lHD see if I have any numbers images

Les (y)

Excellent Les, it will be good to see what you come up with(y)

OK, so seeing as how I often seem to have done my '52 by Monday I am going to have a little go at this from time to time especially this week as I don't even have to move from my chair to join in!

So here's a picture of my vernier gauge taken with my iphone. :)

OH NO, now it's Wednesday and I've nothing to do again :bonk: :LOL:

I really like that, nice B&W conversion too, hope to see more of you especially with some seriously mundane themes coming(y)

Couldn't decide what to do then noticed this staring me in the face.
As the thread title says, it's pretty mundane.

Hey, it's the taking apart that counts :LOL:

doaosy.jpg

Haha excellent Colin and nice to see you participate (y)

Hey Phil good to see you join in:D

Always a sucker for B&W i am...(y)

Now that was precision and you've even made my eyes go funny it's that close:LOL:

Great to see you pop in and participate (y)

Thought I would give it a bash so, I had a look on my desk and lo and behold the one thing I use everyday :)

Numbers1_zps326a650e.jpg

Then changed my mind and had a play.

Last edited:
Ok - I think this thread has thepotential to be really good. But for this first post I have had aboauit 10 minutes to prepare something (Promise to try harder next time - honest!).

In accord with the spirit of the general idea, I asked my wife to give me something with numbers that was really boring, to photo. She gave me some house numbers I bought from Italy years ago but never actually got around to fitting them

2013_08_29_2026_RAWED_REDUCED.jpg

Yes - I know it is rubbish but wanted to support the thread.

Thought I would give it a bash so, I had a look on my desk and lo and behold the one thing I use everyday :)

Numbers1_zps326a650e.jpg

Then changed my mind and had a play.

:LOL::LOL: awww cute.. thanks for taking part, hope to see you around for the next theme(y)

Ok - I think this thread has thepotential to be really good. But for this first post I have had aboauit 10 minutes to prepare something (Promise to try harder next time - honest!).

In accord with the spirit of the general idea, I asked my wife to give me something with numbers that was really boring, to photo. She gave me some house numbers I bought from Italy years ago but never actually got around to fitting them

2013_08_29_2026_RAWED_REDUCED.jpg

Yes - I know it is rubbish but wanted to support the thread.

Excellent i am so glad you joined in... great entry.. look forward to seeing hopefully on the next theme too (y):D

Back