Munich, Germany

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from my recent trip to Munich. First time out with most of my kit and I have had some good results and others a bit disappointing.

Everything was hand held as I didn't take a tripod.

Would really appreciate some feedback.

IMG_2210 by trickpic, on Flickr

Marienplatz by trickpic, on Flickr

Dachau Gate by trickpic, on Flickr

Dachau - The Bunker by trickpic, on Flickr

Hilton Munich City - Room View by trickpic, on Flickr

All bar the last one were taken with the Canon 550D and the 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM and the last was taken with the 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS. The last was a hotel room view, so not many framing angles to play with.

Thanks in advance.

Overall a nice set (y) and rather impressive considering that there was no tripod involved as some of them look like quite dark conditions (y) I love the first, it's a shame that you were not able to get all of the building in with the second image, the fourth is also a really good I love the idea of it (y) I love light trails but just a few to many trees in the way for me :LOL: but I don't think the other resident's would have been too impressed if you said can I just check the view from your room :LOL:

Overall a impressive set (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Love the corridor. Last shot is good too think I might try that lol

Great set (y)

#1 and #4 for me.

Love the corridor shot really leads you into the picture.

Did very well with #5 considering no tripod and location.

Munich is definitely on the list of places to visit in the near future

Thanks all.

I should add, for the last photo the lens tip was rested on a part of the window but I was holding the body - sorry if i misled anyone! I'd have to have hands of stone otherwise :D

I was quite pleased with the results considering the light conditions in most of the images. Any suggestions on how I might have kept more detail in #2 beyond just using a tripod? The left hand side looks a bit smudged. Is this just a limitation of the cameras high ISO capability or does it look like a case of shakey hands?

Cheers :cool:

Any suggestions on how I might have kept more detail in #2 beyond just using a tripod? The left hand side looks a bit smudged. Is this just a limitation of the cameras high ISO capability or does it look like a case of shakey hands?

Cheers :cool:

Any suggestions on this at all?

Back