Muntjac ...

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
TBF I should be in bed ,after a weekend of grey and running the ladder all day today like a mad thing we ,made the choice to try and find something behind a drystone wall close to home There almost had to be a sunset tonight here So we went for it but maybe not a wise choice tomorrow will be fun:banghead:

Ickle munty doe ahh man don't those ears make you think massive mouse:ROFLMAO:

_S2I8591 OOTS smj TDn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care

stu

Lovely face Stu , but you didn`t manage , or have time to turn the Camera to portrait ? And you appear to have clipped the foot .... Think I would put into a portrait crop and put the focus on that face if were mine . I like the back light coming through her ears .

Jeff cheers for the words.

Mark, ha spot on (y) :) no excuses mate it simply should have been shot in portrait. I also wondered on IQ TBF. Mark I couldn't see much bar a sea of orange, Shaz spotted her as we left a roe spot, I parked up did some sneaky stuff behind the wall came up over the top in landscape,bad choice and she was on me already . Their eyes are so good close up I didn't dare flip the camera.

It was a magical chance that I came away VERY thankful for but kinda kicking myself. There was more here mate, no real choice but to own that.. I don''t oft get a chance where a subject is so close and the sun right on sunset so "in one's face" I was found wanting a bit,but hey just a sniff of a chance at the moment was special

cheers for the reply buddy I hope you are good, ......

take care mate

stu

Grats on the second dose my friend, ahh Russ I wish I could bung your enthusiasm ( so cool so so cool !! ) about a bit........... to all those that are worried . :(

Kiddo, the reason I posted.:)............. would you / are you happy with the IQ here? it's 800mm

Talk about eye contact, cool.

Can't beat the DXii shutter noise for drawing in a nutty deer in Dale. ;)

Grats on the second dose my friend, ahh Russ I wish I could bung your enthusiasm ( so cool so so cool !! ) about a bit........... to all those that are worried . :(

Kiddo, the reason I posted.:)............. would you / are you happy with the IQ here? it's 800mm
- definitely happy with that IQ at 800mm, mate. The 400mm DO + 1DX ii + x2TC is a great combo for you with static subjects, but I think AF would suffer with BIF shots if you ever went that way :)

Had my second jab now so I feel much happier (but not bullet proof of course! ;))

Russ

Hmm I'd like to have bullet proof anything especially feet................ thank god it's friday to me :LOL:

thanks Russ, I needed your honesty bro thank you !! Shaz and I had a good debate on this one. she thought it was fine me not so much "rolls eyes" Buddy the bar is so high in wildlife toggin,sometimes I can't see the ruddy wood for the trees.

There's a guy called Arash Hazaghi ( if the spelling is wrong please for give)............ whom I think I might have talked to you about Russ he used the DXii DOii 2xii combo on peregrines at one time the images are stunning. I hear ya bro but BIF and the tools are def doable!! LMAO ok maybe not in my hands but the tools can do it:D

Funny really I was questing for a close roe portrait with the light Russ at FF not against it with a munty

, I waned the smaller DOF at 800 to knock back a busy BKG That's the reason I'd stuck the 2x on this particular chance should of been 400mm really or 560 at worst as always with wildlife the unexpected happens.

I know a lot of deer haunts Russ besides the abundance at home , i'm very lucky very very fortunate ,

But putting a deer haunt a deer no less............. and the last rays of the day together I think I have two maybe 3 spots with a remote chance ...this is interesting:)

might get some fun here !!

Ha and afterwards We found a barnie maybe a mile from home......., couldn't make it up!!

Thanks for the thoughts

Thought provoking Des,is it just brighter. ? Maybe somewhere betwixt the two?

I find it really hard representing this type of image

What I saw................... my mind's eye snapshot of this was a mist of orange and a dark shape

creatively. do you think I might have found something nice by backing the ISO right down and simply catching the hi lights?

The edit is really kind, you are a busy fella..... thank you :)

Ultimately it's what you prefer that matters. But unless you're trying to convey something, for presentation, I think this image is tad too dark as it is. That's just my preference. You could perhaps try something in between.

Nice shot Stu, I have to agree with Des ref the edit mate, sorry

Les :)

Ahh buddy no need to apologise i'm grateful for the thoughts and folks taking a bit of time to comment. (y) ........... it don't really matter much to me if the comments are positive or neg Les..... I just want folks honest opinions. Frankly I'd rather someone say it was a crock of the proverbial and tell me why they had that opinion than someone say nice shot when it's not:LOL:

I'm often unsure Les especially an image like this where i'm only a bit off from shooting directly into the sun as it sets, what my eyes remember is not really what came off the back of a camera , so presentation is key :) I am not yet comfortable in a situation like this mate, catching a wild deer in front of a setting sun is no easy thing , it would be nice to be able to practice in these ( fabulous) conditions build a bit more confidence. I really felt inept while making the above Sure I'm rusty as hell but I'd love to shoot more like this ;)

Back