Musée du Louvre

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Not posted an image at TP for a while and never in this section.

Took this shot of the pyramid from inside the Louvre while on a family holiday at the beginning of the month.

The weather was quite stormy at times but didn't seem to put people off queueing to get in.

DSC_2547 by PaulFa, on Flickr

All comments welcome.
Paul.

Absolutely belting sky!

very dramatic. Love that. So much detail, so much to look at. Excellent pic.

Thanks Carl.

Absolutely belting sky!

Thank you Ruth, it was the sky that caught my eye too.

Great shot, love the processing.

What is that line of people..are they all waiting to get in the museum?

Thanks Trevor, I used Silver Efex Pro on 2 layers then masked the sky.
The line of people are queueing to get in. As with a number of Paris attractions they now have a security check prior to getting in, xray machines etc. Must have only happened in the last few years as the last time I was there we walked straight in.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Paul.

horrocks said:
I think you have overbuilt the sky a little.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Can you elaborate what you mean by 'overbuilt' do you mean pushed the contrast too much? or by layering?

Thanks
Paul

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Can you elaborate what you mean by 'overbuilt' do you mean pushed the contrast too much? or by layering?
Paul, I just mean that you have made the sky look too dark and a little overprocessed, so that it doesn't look quite as if it matches the rest of the shot. It also has the effect of taking the depth and recession out of what is anyway tonally a fairly uniform shot, and making everything look as if it is on one dimension.

Paul, I just mean that you have made the sky look too dark and a little overprocessed, so that it doesn't look quite as if it matches the rest of the shot. It also has the effect of taking the depth and recession out of what is anyway tonally a fairly uniform shot, and making everything look as if it is on one dimension.

Ok, thanks for explaining more. I see what you mean now.

Cheers
Paul.

Theres a patch of sunlight in the background, shame it wasn't over the square!

Awesome pic. Stunning sky, and so much to look at.
Can't help feeling that it needs colour though.

Back