Music Parade 2

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

St%20Nikolai%2027%20XD.jpg

Lebring%2034%20XD.jpg

Wagna%20224%20XD.jpg

Leibnitz%2045%20XD.jpg

-

I can name all of the instruments apart from the second one. Any ideas? 1. Flute, 3. Clarinet, 4. Trombone

Looks like an enjoyable time you had, and the pictures came out extremely nicely

Last edited:
Nice music , learnt something new

I like this series very much.

That flugelhorn is unusual, because the valves are actuated with finger keys so the device is held at 90 degrees to the usual orientation where one presses directly on the valves. I used to play in a silver (brass) band as a teenager, though it's been a long time.

Thanks Toni!
That flugelhorn is unusual
Yes, this one is the classic form. It was more associated
to the french horn before but now closer to the trumpets
in the new configuration.

I hardly can play the kazoo let alone other wind or woods! :(

Thanks Toni!

Yes, this one is the classic form. It was more associated
to the french horn before but now closer to the trumpets
in the new configuration.

I hardly can play the kazoo let alone other wind or woods! :(

My knowledge of brass is probably a little out-dated now, since many of the instruments we used had previously been owned by a local band around the turn of the 19th-20th century, and had been donated for boys brigade use. They were already ancient in the 1970s, blackened from decades of storage in an old church tower. Among the various instruments was a flugelhorn and a pocket cornet (a cornet is a little like a trumpet, but this was made with tightly curved tubes and a built-in mute to be as small as possible, and was about the size of a bugle).

My knowledge of brass is probably a little out-dated now

As a devoted and passionate guitar player, knowing a
bit of the flugelhorn doesn't make me an expert either! :cool:

Back