Mute Swan in flight

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
After taking my Hitachi train shots on Friday I went to Slimbridge as it was a bright day. I don't like ISO's over 400 even on my 1D1V because it inevitably involves moderate cropping too. Canon 100-400 with 1.4 X extender. !D1V is a 1.3 X crop. I'll shortly be able to use my 7D11 (giving me an extra 168mm) as LR6 has arrived. LR4 won't accept them from the 7D11 even though it converts them to DNG .

A few swans took off as I was walking from one hide to another and I managed to catch this one at 1/1600sec.
14b6frc.jpg

5e74fq.jpg

wmi9hd.jpg

Last edited:
Well captured John, never easy to get any bird in flight. My favourite is the first due to the nicest wing position but well done on them all. A little extra sharpening on the bird wold work wonders and finish things off well

Good stuff

Mike

Well captured John, never easy to get any bird in flight. My favourite is the first due to the nicest wing position but well done on them all. A little extra sharpening on the bird wold work wonders and finish things off well

Good stuff

Mike

Thanks,Mike. Since your sharpening tutorial I didn't have the same software so I used Elements 11 which I've had just for cloning and read up on sharpening with layers. I put each one through but will take them back through. Thanks.

Back