MW-Brittany

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these two shots whilst in NW Brittany recently. The weather hadn't been too good but I just happen to look out of the window at 11.30 pm to see clear skies,got my kit out and had a go..until 0215. I don't usually do the night-sky. The last time was also here but about 3 years ago so it was trial and error with settings. I settled for f4..Canon 17-40mm lens with 5D11. ISO 3200 and 15 secs.They looked ok on the LCD. The first one is looking NW and our friends, who we stayed with, call the tree on the left the ' dragon's head'. I took the shot in their front garden.The second photo,taken from the roadway, was looking East.The bright cluster just above the right side tree in photo 2 is, I assume, Pleiades or Seven Sisters/M45

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YjbJ4e]
[/url]

no 1 is a cracker

Oh..Thank you kind sir.:) I have to say,I'm quietly pleased with it myself. I'll let you into a secret but don't tell anyone :D. When I saw the clear skies at 11.30 pm and decided to have a go I had to google how to do it..Lol.

Is there a wire along the road in the second? It's the Pleiades, but you've also caught the Alpha Perseus cluster, the Double Cluster, NGC752 - an open cluster in Andromeda - and, faintly, M33 the galaxy in Triangulum.

Is there a wire along the road in the second? It's the Pleiades, but you've also caught the Alpha Perseus cluster, the Double Cluster, NGC752 - an open cluster in Andromeda - and, faintly, M33 the galaxy in Triangulum.

Yes, Jan.A telephone wire. I usually take those out but with stars I thought it would end up looking worse,I could see a black line appearing if I did that. I'm sure it would turn out blotchy. I'll have go though.

Thanks for the info re what else is in the frame too. :) You have to be pretty dedicated and stoic to indulge in astronomy here. I suppose a trip to Exmoor or Kielder Forest would be fruitful.

When I was out on the Plains in the US (storm chasing) it was wonderful to see the night sky..no lights for miles around.

Back