My 2017 Motorsport Wrap Sheet

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

It might be a bit early but my motorsport season has come to an end. Been a busy year for me with season accreditation for the British GT, one-off media gigs for the WEC and Silverstone Classic (a couple of speccy outings for the Moto GP and F1 too). Met a lot of people and again have to thank quite a few of the members here without whom I wouldn't have got to this point - Gary P, Andrew C and especially Paul F who's basically been my photography mentor :D Shows what a valuable resource Talk Photography is!

You might have seen in another thread, during my downtime between race weekends I've put a guide together for beginners wanting to shoot motorsport at Silverstone, you can take a look at that over here

Anyways, thanks for looking - as always your honest C&C is always appreciated, hopefully there's some signs of progression :D

1. The #95 Aston Martin comes in for a service during Round 1 of the WEC at Silverstone
Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin V8 Vantage #95 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Here's the angry Rollcenter Racing Mercedes GT3 at Brands Hatch in the British GT
Team ABBA with Rollcentre Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 #88 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. The beast that is the Mercedes C11 (Formerly Michael Schumacher's ride) shot at the Silverstone Classic in the rain
Sauber Mercedes C11 (ex. Schumacher) Group C Le Mans Car by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. The winners of the GT3 driver's championship this year in British GT - Rick Parfitt Jnr & Seb Morris - Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3
Rick Parfitt Jnr & Seb Morris - Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Sebastian Vettel at 1/13th - Shame he couldn't keep the championship going a few more races
Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Valentino Rossi through the fences - I really enjoyed the Moto GP this year, one I'd love to get accreditation for :D
Valentino Rossi - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Trying something different in the pits with the eventual winner of Le Mans
Porsche LMP Team - Porsche 919 Hybrid #2 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. F1's latest rent a driver - although he's starting show he's better than that
Lance Stroll - Williams Martini Racing by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks folks!

Not keen on #5 and #8, other than those two I really like them, #7 is really captivating, makes you really look at the content, so nice work.
And tbh far far better than anything I can produce, even your "rubbish" shots :)
Matt

Two and seven (for me too) are my picks.

I dig the graphic treatment applied to eight! :cool:

nice shots

Thanks very much

very good work

Cheers Alex :)

Not keen on #5 and #8, other than those two I really like them, #7 is really captivating, makes you really look at the content, so nice work.
And tbh far far better than anything I can produce, even your "rubbish" shots :)
Matt

Hahaha thanks Matt, good to have some polarising work I guess ;)

Two and seven (for me too) are my picks.

I dig the graphic treatment applied to eight! :cool:

Cheers Kodiak.. yep 8 was an attempt to try something a bit different in camera and in post

Number 3 has a real sense of motion with the rain behind the car, probably my pick of the bunch but as said above a really nice set of images.

Great Photos.

Thanks as always Paul :)

Number 3 has a real sense of motion with the rain behind the car, probably my pick of the bunch but as said above a really nice set of images.

Thanks Paul, yeah I didn't get as wet this year as I have done (I was getting a reputation as the rainmaker) but it does help the pics quite often - even if the experience at the time was miserable :D

Some great images there. Number 7 works (ish) for me, just maybe loose a bit of the negative space on the bottom and right. Great action shot in no.1 and love the colours in no.2.

Great seasons work Jonny, nailed a wide variety of shots here. Keep going back to the last one, love the processing.

Some great images there. Number 7 works (ish) for me, just maybe loose a bit of the negative space on the bottom and right. Great action shot in no.1 and love the colours in no.2.

Thanks for the feedback mate

Another vote for 7 and as for on track love the Bentley shot

Thanks Gaza

All superb, but I do like number 7

Good to see people like a different mix of images :)

Great seasons work Jonny, nailed a wide variety of shots here. Keep going back to the last one, love the processing.

Thanks as always Neil... yea the last one was based on another photographers processing technique, doesn't work often but quite powerful when it does

Great photos, oh boy that Sauber Mercedes :cool:

Thanks mate, yep, its a pretty pretty car :D

Back