weekly My 52 2017 ... week 9, NUMBERS added

I like the crop and the vibrant colours. And of course I'm all for using edible props!
Week 2 what a yummy looking image, ( going to buy some doughnuts later on ) I feel hungry looking at them and there is pink iced ones so its even better....................................... oh wait hang on a mo I nearly forget to say that the image fits the theme, we all need a bit of comfort food in our lives at some point. My only niggle is i would of maybe placed the chocolate doughnut thats on the RHS so you could see the front of it and not the side.
Donuts with sprinkles yum :D I like how you have put them in a circle and alternated the colours too:)
Nice and sharp with vibrant colour, lovely!
mmmm.....they look very yummy! Nice bright sharp shot, just a slight shame the icing was running on the pink one.

Thanks all :D

Great start to your 52 challenge Paul

Love Week 0 really like the lighting

Week 1 Order fits the bill for me nice B&W conversion too

Week 2 Comfort love the bright collours

Great start to your 52 challenge Paul

Love Week 0 really like the lighting

Week 1 Order fits the bill for me nice B&W conversion too

Week 2 Comfort love the bright collours

Thanks Mark (y)

Excellent shot Paul - low key b&w gives it a very dramatic feel. Composition and lighting are top notch. Bravo.

Very dramatic! Love the contrast and the use of black space to the side.

Great self portrait Paul! Nice low key picture, lighting and B&W are spot on.

Excellent shot Paul - low key b&w gives it a very dramatic feel. Composition and lighting are top notch. Bravo.
Great shot Paul, love the bg and low key with just enough light on the face :)
I like that offset composition Paul, the dark space works really well. Excellent choice in the b&w and spot on for the theme too.
Very dramatic! Love the contrast and the use of black space to the side.
Very nice image Paul, I too like the negative space, a nice bit of eye contact but the focus and attention clearly on your beard, nice one (y)
Great self portrait Paul! Nice low key picture, lighting and B&W are spot on.

Thanks all (y)
I was struggling with this one tbh,

Great self portrait Paul. The composition with all that negative space, the clear focus on the beard, the eye contact and, finally, the processing. What's not to like (y)

Used to love just eating this stuff straight from the jar, like the main focus on the jar with the oof toast. On theme and good shot :)

Thanks David (y)
Always a favourite on toast, or in a sammich, with banana ;)

Hi Paul,

Hairy - Great dramatic selfie? Works really well with the hood disappearing into the dark space. (y)

Smooth - I can see where you're coming from with this, but not as strong as last week's shot.
The background is a bit distracting and I feel the crop is a bit close at the top. That said, I quite like the crop into the toast, so perhaps moving the pot down and to the left a smidgen might have been the answer. Dunno, worth a try.

I was tempted to shoot a very similar pic....

Except we only have Crunchy in our house and I cant stand Smooth !

Nicely executed, well done.

Hi Paul,

Hairy - Great dramatic selfie? Works really well with the hood disappearing into the dark space. (y)

Smooth - I can see where you're coming from with this, but not as strong as last week's shot.
The background is a bit distracting and I feel the crop is a bit close at the top. That said, I quite like the crop into the toast, so perhaps moving the pot down and to the left a smidgen might have been the answer. Dunno, worth a try.
Nice one Paul, a good choice for the theme, props and liking the added context with the toast, just enough DoF to make it out too but throw the background out, nice one (y)
I was tempted to shoot a very similar pic....

Except we only have Crunchy in our house and I cant stand Smooth !

Nicely executed, well done.
I love peanut butter and would even have it with ice cream. Image-wise, an easy option but well executed with good Depth-Of-Field and composition.

Thanks all :)
There will be a few "easy options" for a while, due to building work on the house ;) But will try and make up for it later :D

Its peanut butter whats not to like
Hairy - a cracking selfie shot and very hairy chin indeed, dramatic looking image, I like this one alot.

Smooth - I do like a bit of peanut butter on toast, works for the theme, not to keen on the composition sadly.

Thanks both :)

You've got bokeh (y)

The jar is sharp, says Smooth, think the toast could be sharper, but then you'd lose that OOF BG.

Hi Paul, I like the focus on the PB jar, it really draws your eye to to it. I would have been tempted to clone out that bright spot to the left of the lid but it's a minor detail ...it's spot on for the theme.

Thanks Susie :) I did try but it looked worse (with my non cloning skills) ...
You've got bokeh (y)

The jar is sharp, says Smooth, think the toast could be sharper, but then you'd lose that OOF BG.

Thanks David
That`ll be the joy of having more than half the kitchen in the lounge at the moment ... BG`s are a mare to say the least ;)

Spot on theme Paul. I like the composition with the toast up front and the sharp focus on the jar with the shallow DoF helping it stand-out more.

Spot on theme Paul. I like the composition with the toast up front and the sharp focus on the jar with the shallow DoF helping it stand-out more.
Thanks Carl (y)

A bit tight on top but good sharp focus on the label and I like the oof toast. It's got to be crunchy though ;)
Thank you Emma :) The lounge windows were in the BG if I lifted the top unfortunately ... Haha crunchy just gets stuck in my teeth ;)

Great composition the the OOF toast in the foreground!

Back