My Baby Niece

Name
Vishal
Edit My Images
Yes
We had another addition to the family last week....Baby Aanya....

She's only a week old.....Took some pics the other day, she was only 3-4 days old, hence the dry skin etc....

Took the camera along when we went to see her and came up with this afterwards...

A1web.jpg

C+C most welcome to help me improve!! (y)

Vishal,

I like what you have done with the photo layout. Also the expressions in all are brilliant.

Thanks guys, my sister-in-law LOVED the pic as soon as she saw it! :eek:

She wanted a canvas done, but i convinced her to hold her horses to see if we could spend a bit of time and get some better pics, if not, then she can have the canvas :)

Thanks guys, my sister-in-law LOVED the pic as soon as she saw it! :eek:

She wanted a canvas done, but i convinced her to hold her horses to see if we could spend a bit of time and get some better pics, if not, then she can have the canvas :)

If she loves them I wouldn't worry about 'better' shots :)

Just because we may look at something and think it might need tweaking here and there the 'customer' may not, especially where emotions are involved :D

Thanks Matey....

I know....I had planned to....But she had ALOT of dry skin, alot of it peeling... :(

Is definitely on the hitlist for next time! :D (y)

On newborns that doesnt bother me at all. Thats what newborns have, eyes often look dodgy, spots, scratches, spots, marks etc... and that is part of their charm and I would much rather see a warts and all pic than see any touching up.

cambsno said:
On newborns that doesnt bother me at all. Thats what newborns have, eyes often look dodgy, spots, scratches, spots, marks etc... and that is part of their charm and I would much rather see a warts and all pic than see any touching up.

Definitely.

Also bear in mind a lot of those "dodgy bits" are to do with how the baby arrived in the world - so to speak. Which is very emotional for mum and dad, and not necessarily things which need touching up. IYSWIM ... without being too squeamish ;)

ok - going to go against the flow, and I appreciate that as a member of your family this will antagonize.......

not intentional....

the concept of smaller pics and big pic is good, however the shadows on the edges and the general position and overlay to me, borders on tat / tacky.......... I would think one large print to the left (say) with 3 smaller ones in proportion to the large (but separated from it) positioned vertically to the right, would be a lot more pleasing to the eye.

or maybe one large in landscape with two or three smaller below designed to fit in a square frame?

If she loves them I wouldn't worry about 'better' shots :)

Just because we may look at something and think it might need tweaking here and there the 'customer' may not, especially where emotions are involved :D

I know, but i know i could have got some better ones if i had some more time....And its good to get some input on the images, to help me improve :)

True in a way, but i would prefer to see nice soft baby skin :cool:

:thinking::thinking:

the concept of smaller pics and big pic is good, however the shadows on the edges and the general position and overlay to me, borders on tat / tacky.......... I would think one large print to the left (say) with 3 smaller ones in proportion to the large (but separated from it) positioned vertically to the right, would be a lot more pleasing to the eye.

or maybe one large in landscape with two or three smaller below designed to fit in a square frame?

Thanks for that, it took me a little while to figure out what you were trying to say :naughty::LOL: So you mean have them al framed in their own sections? That probably would look alot better, but these were only put together VERY quickly, and i'm sure with a bit more time, i could do what you're saying....

But again, this input is coming from fellow toggers with some good ideas, as mentioned, my sister-in-law was over the moon with them (y)

I liked the layout but would have liked to have seen her hand in the larger picture. Baby's hands so cute!

I know, but the skin peel was putting me off...

Have you converted to B&W to see how it looks?

Nope, not tried that yet....I need to give B&W more of a go, don't do it as much as i should really.....(y)

Lovely shots, congrats!

Looking forward to seeing the next shoot

Vishal,

I was meaning something like this.............

vishal.jpg

Obviously with a lot more attention to detail as to size and alignment....:LOL::LOL: merely for illustrative purposes.... "a picture tells a thousand words"

S-I-L would obviously be over the moon with them......... it's her bundle of pride and joy.... (y)

Just my tuppence worth......... (and my dislike of photos laid over each other!)

Hi Vishal,

I am hardly qualified to offer C+C but I know what I like!

The photos are superb and and I love the layout. I am sure he parents LOVE the photos.

Simon

These are lovely! The usual advice is to try not to shoot up the nose on baby photos, however, the yawn brilliantly on that one!
I love the first one, really sweet, the focus is on the plane with her nose and the star on her hat, it just misses her eyes. I always try and get the eye sharp, then you can't go wrong.

Looking forward to seeing more. (y)

Back