My Best Yet ;)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

I think these are some of my best yet drop shots, what do you think?

Far too good Alby....... I'll have to give this a shot myself soon.

David.

They're great. If I was going to nitpick, I can see shadows/reflections of the drops against the backdrop.

Very nice! Well done!

What did you use, a bowl? And did you use coloured water? Blue perhaps? And what did you drop the water with? :)

Far too good Alby....... I'll have to give this a shot myself soon.

David.
Thanks David ;)
They're great. If I was going to nitpick, I can see shadows/reflections of the drops against the backdrop.
Your right of course, I will use my 430ex controlled by my 580ex to the side next time ;)
Very nice! Well done!

What did you use, a bowl? And did you use coloured water? Blue perhaps? And what did you drop the water with? :)
Just water in a blue bowl and dripping from the tap, thanks for your comment ;)

#1 and #4 top notch! :clap:

They are all very good, last day of work before my hols so will be giving this a go over the break. If I can achieve results 10% as good as these I will be well pleased.:)

These are great. I really like the Monk one. You could crop it down and it would look like a abstract comtemplative figure.

Chris

As ever, just stunning(y)(y)

Loving the Buddhist Priest one :D :D

It must have taken a while to get shots like that ........ might give it a go myself ;)

Love the titles as well Alby(y)
I think "king crab" just has the edge though :clap:

Brilliant Alby.

I've got to ask this though.....

How many shots did you take to get these four? I was having a try at this last time I was home and ended up with a couple of reasonable ones out of 50.

Bob

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, all are very much appreciated ;)

Canon Bob: I have taken quite a lot of these shots over the years and can hit about 3 out of every 5 shots to get a coronet or a tower but getting drops to collide is difficult like in my other shots I posted a while back. Getting the dripping in a steady rhythm helps a lot.

Wow, top marks, reflections present or not, well done to you. (y)

The last one is amazing good capture. Im only a tiny bit jealous. he he ;)

Number 3 is fantastic, but not so sure sbout the others.

Thats no monk! Its Mary with little baby in arms...come on you lot, only a few days to go, get with it!:LOL:

How do you shoot these type of photos? They are really amazing.

very nice picture's .:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks all for looking and sorry for not getting back sooner, these are taken from a dripping tap and trial and error shutter method. Getting the tap to drip at a constant rate makes the shooting easier to time. ;)

The first one is spectactular.
Could you run the set up by me one more time?

The first one is spectactular.
Could you run the set up by me one more time?
These were done with a dripping tap into a blue bowl and shot at 1/200 f:20 and flash using my Sigma 24-70 ex dg. Exif Data is still intact.

I have tried these as well, on numerous occasions, that last one being on Wednesday when I took 250 shots without any success! Yours are superb and beautifully focused, I like the first one best.

Back