My biggest in-flight challenge.....

Brilliant Russ, never managed yet, but we don't get many round here and the ponds etc aren't accesible atm

Brilliant Russ, never managed yet, but we don't get many round here and the ponds etc aren't accesible atm
- many thanks Ingrid :)
- this was my first attempt at these, using my new camera and a new lightweight lens to give me more chance at getting handheld shots when not in a hide!

Russ

Not easy at all good result Russ bet you were chuffed

Amazing set Russ - I saw some Swallows today - but I was more intent on getting other stuff on the pastures :)

Les

Some nice detail on the wings and certainly you have captured the agility of the bird. (y)
The head looks very hard to shoot even if it was still - the eye hardly stands out from the rest of the head
- many thanks Alan for your critique. You're correct about the lack of clarity of the eye but, despite that, the R5 focused OK on the body of the bird instead. I was amazed that I got any half decent shots at all in the day's poor light, so I think another visit is called for! :)

Russ

- cheers Les - I would never have got any shots like this with my previous camera / lens combo. :)

Russ

I'll be giving the Swallows a go Russ- soon as my obsession with the Wheatears subsides :)

Les

Back