My colour shots

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying to come up with something really subtle rather than in your face, any critique welcomed for these :) The first the one I eventually went for

snowdrop.jpg

snowdrop2.jpg

snowdrop3.jpg

snowdrop4.jpg

Not my cup of tea really, although I agree the first one works the best. Generally speaking, I think flowers manage quite well on their own without Photoshop assistance - as far as colour is concerned anywway. I'd personally have no qualms about using a backcloth or card of a suitable colour to isolate flowers from their background, which would cause some purists to throw up their hands in horror, so we're back to personal opinion again. :LOL:

Digital gives us so many choices in our approach, that the camera can now be a medium in it's own right, or just a stage in a graphical process, and I suppose we all go above and below the line between the two. Your last shot would have been the one for me if it had been shot against a black background.

Rules are made to be broken anyway, so I'll just STFU! :wink:

I like these dod :) I won't comment on the first one, since I did on the competition thread.
These three new ones though are great. I think that they would make a nice series on the wall.
Very nicely done [smilie=t:

Mr Dod sir, I really like that second version/shot. You have made the flower look almost glass like. I think that although the rest of this series is very good, that one shot is excellent.

Any chance of telling me what post processing was applied to this shot please?

Steve said:
Mr Dod sir, I really like that second version/shot. You have made the flower look almost glass like. I think that although the rest of this series is very good, that one shot is excellent.

Any chance of telling me what post processing was applied to this shot please?

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Steve, very little was done in PSP. It's simply a snowdrop against a black background, then converted into a negative. Unsharp mask obviously and I cant remember if I did anything to the levels buts thats it basically :)

i really like these, very simple and effective shots, shouldnt really say colour, but for some reason it did!

Back